FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 05:21:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Just Introducing myself.  (Read 4031 times)
jwm

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2012, 05:51:30 PM »
+1

Hi guys, just joined your forum and thought that I should introduce myself. The name is John Murray, or jwm, and I live just outside of Nowra. I'm an old retired bastard at 62 years of age and in an endeavour to try to recapture my youth (where did I leave that), I have just bought myself an FE Business Sedan. All of the work is done on this old girl and there are just a few things that I want to change/modify to suite my own taste/needs. As they say, growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

I know some of the build/owner history of the car but would appreciate any additional information if anybody has any. I bought the car from Wollongong and that is apparently where it was initially built about 8 years ago.

The car is running a mildly worked 305 chev, 307 heads, 600 holley, T350 box with 1800 stall, 10 bolt rear, HR front with P76 stubbs, HZ discs, VS booster and a full Hadfield chassis.

I had an FX, FC, EK, GTR Torana, etc etc etc in my much younger days, all of which were modified. Sorry, no pics, they all went with one of the ex's. My last weekend car was a WRX but that was sold to finance yet another property settlement.

Motorcycling has consumed most of my spare time and dollars for the last 20 years but I'm not spending as much time on the bike as I once was and I thought I needed something to console me in my old age.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 06:03:08 PM »

That looks like one very tasty FE. Welcome aboard, John.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 08:28:46 PM »

Welcome, great to see people with good taste in the right model (FEs, especially black ones) joining up  Wink

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »

I agree with Stinky - welcome to the Black FE club!  Wink 

NosFEratu
NIFFTY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »

Hi John,
I live in Berry and have just sold my FC wagon,as there are no modified car clubs here, i joined the Rattlers hot rod club and they are a great bunch of people,I still have the wagon for another week before it goes to Perth so if you want to come for
a chat  contact me on 44642631
cheers
Nev
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »

Interesting FE.
Looks like it ticks all the boxes.
Welcome to the forum.
Regards
Alex

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 10:37:59 PM »

Great looking FE. Hope to see it and yourself in person one day.
cheers,
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: