FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 17, 2024, 05:20:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NRMA Motorfest  (Read 7090 times)
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2012, 04:28:36 PM »

Well, as we suspected NRMA will not be holding Motorfest in 2013, instead using the Centenary of Canberra as an alternative.

Disappointing, because it's the only old car event I go to where the show goes to the people rather than the reverse. It's also disappointing that NRMA, through not getting into classic car insurance early and not being prepared to offer multiple vehicle road service have largely left our market to others.

I can't remember the first Motorfest I attended, it was in the park at Millers Point under the bridge, at least 20 years ago.

RIP Motorfest, unless someone else picks it up.

Cheers
John
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:24:50 PM by RET » Logged

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:19:11 PM »

This was posted on another forum:

I think they are not telling the truth, I am the event director for the council of ACT motor clubs and I am involved with the 2 big events here in Canberra next year, SHANNONS are the major sponsor for one and are in negotiations for the other, NRMA are not in the running, so not sure what they are on about.

Bruce

I don't know what the truth is, but as President of the FE-HR Holden Owners Club of the ACT, I know of no motoring event that NRMA is involved in in Canberra in 2013.

Cheers
David

Johns

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 05:28:03 PM »

David,

This is not hearsay. I have a letter from NRMA advising they propose to support a car display on Lake Barely Tolerable  Grin on the weekend 9-11 March then a rally that finishes on 19-20 October 2013.

regards
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
hawk
nsw-club

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 06:50:22 PM »

John,

Here is what there website has on it.

http://www.mynrma.com.au/about/motorfest.htm

Regards,Greg.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »

At least they chose some cool cars to announce the change from Motorfest.
I am curious to the reason why they would abandon such a successful event.
Are there political powers at work here?
Regards
Alex

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 09:03:53 PM »

A letter from NRMA came in the post today saying no Motorfest for 2013  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh.............FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 12:04:22 AM »

i think it will become Pushbikefest
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 08:15:16 AM »

I am led to believe the event costs a lot of money and the Sydney city council continues to put up more hoops for the NRMA to jump through. I also got a letter yesterday about the ACT events. Maybe Shannons would like to pick up Motorfest?
cheers,
Graham
Johns

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 06:09:09 AM »

Here is the latest.

http://www.supercardelegance.com.au/web/australia-day-motoring-event/

I understand John Flower is still involved in this.

Cheers
John

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 01:46:50 PM »

Next year’s event will be more exciting than ever as we reinvigorate the automotive exhibition (formally known as Motorfest) and will include a Concours d’Elegance – Best of the Best Competition, Supercar Gathering featuring modern and exotic vehicles as well as a large Motorcycle display.

Supercar & Motorcycle selection will be based on specific criteria, all submissions should be directed to our office.

The site and the text doesn't leave you with the impression that the event will be open to all makes and models like Motorfest was. I stand to be corrected, but the proposed event has more than a whiff of tweed and elbow-patch about it...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 04:48:06 PM »

...and the ACT club has still heard nothing from NRMA about an event in Canberra for the Canberra Centenary.

Cheers
David

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: