FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:10:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My Other Car  (Read 8468 times)
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:55:15 AM »

This car is a 1929 Rugby.  It has been back on the road for almost 40 years. It has never had a full restoration and still has the original timber frame and body panels.  Various mechanical repairs have been carried out over the years.  I had a new hood made and did the upholstery myself. About 35 years ago I gave it coat of acrylic paint over the original paint in the solar booth on a blue metal drive. These days it is looks like an older female - they look good from a distance but get too close and you can see the blemishes.  Some of the paint is starting to blister and really needs to be repainted.  It has served us well and is a ton of fun to drive. The motor is a Contential "Red Seal" 4 cyl 152 cubic inches.
The Rugby was built by the Durant Motor Company.  They built two brands - Durant and the cheaper version the Star.  As the Star name was used in Great Britain this name could not used in Australia as it is part of the British Commonwealth. The Star was called Rugby out here.  William "Billy" Durant who owned the Durant Motor Co was the founder of General Motors in 1908. (ref: Billy Durant Creator of General Motors by Lawerence R Gustin - 1973)

Keith

[Edit by RET: convert links to images]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 10:20:16 AM by RET » Logged

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 01:35:13 PM »

Keith looks great. Keep on looking after her.
Cheers,
Graham
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »

Definitely cool

sunnytim

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »

Love it.  We have a 1925 Buick that is also in unrestored shape (had an outside paint in 1966 and an engine re-ring last year.  There is a lot of fin to be had.  Amazing how similar the 25 Buick motor is to a grey too  Shocked
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 10:26:17 PM »

Awesome Keith ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 11:09:37 PM »

Very nice,I grew up with cars like this as my Dad has several oldies including a 28 Dodge and a 24 Maxwell.I remember many weekends out in the bush hunting around for old bits and pieces for cars around this age.Thanks for the pics. 8)Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 10:38:56 PM »

Keith

Where was that one hiding Grin Grin

It looks great.

Cheers

Craig D
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 01:44:03 PM »

Craig

It is currently hiding at my sons place.  He is rebuilding an identical one and has found it very handy to see how things fit and get sizes when making body timbers.  It also gave me more room in the shed to do my dirty work when I was rebuilding the FC.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: