FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:07:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Upholsterer  (Read 4272 times)
rickjen
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2012, 07:00:38 AM »

Hi All
Looking down the track, "budget wise" and recommendation. Have a FC wagon, Red and Black upholstery top embossed section still perfect, mice  got to the seat area in small places. Generally for age upholstery is not bad
Like to know rough costs to budget for ( both seats and doors), also i live in Central West NSW any recommendations???, will deliver to Sydney if needed
Thanks
Rick Smiley

rickjen
Iso007

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 07:32:16 AM »

Hey Mate. I used a place in lansvale near liverpool and he did all seats, doors and kick boards including supplying all materials and the actual masonite backings and he charged me $1100.00 about 2 years ago. Now that was for my EK but shouldnt be any different. I picked them because out my way at campbelltown they just dont get the job done in an acceptable time frame. This place had 3 or 4 old guys ( my age)on sewing machines and they've been there for a long, long time, so i figured they were a bit better prepared. it took them 1 week from drop of to pick up and it looks great. if you are interested i will find their name and post it. Also if you need it picked up or dropped off at a transport depot, i would be happy to do that as i am on the road all day every day.
 regards
Ian
rickjen
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 08:10:27 AM »

Hi Ian
Thanks, that's exactly what i am after, someone that does a good job, Lansvale is OK for me to deliver and P/U ( thanks for your offer to transport), nothing wrong with older guys, i am one of them. Would be happy if you can post contact numbers so that i can ring them
Thanks again
Rick

rickjen
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 08:35:57 AM »

How about our very own "stinky"?

If there's anybody who can trim an FE FC Holden it's him.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 08:38:47 AM »

Hi
I have had work done from James and is really good.He is in Chipping Norton near Liverpool.
Contact 0419 208 888
Address unit 2 10B Childs Rd.
He put in new carpet for me and I have seen the other work he has done very good.He is one of the older upholsterers
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 10:59:04 AM »

all seats, doors and kick boards including supplying all materials and the actual masonite backings and he charged me $1100.00 about 2 years ago.

That's a bloody good price, I usually charge that just for a bench seat  Shocked Did they replace all the padding etc underneath? or just replace the covers?

How about our very own "stinky"?

If there's anybody who can trim an FE FC Holden it's him.

Thanks Ed.

Rick, I can do "mail-order" covers and door trims etc but my backlog is quite large at the moment  Undecided 3-4 months.
If nothing else I can supply the embossed vinyl for the top sections of the seats if you get stuck.

Iso007

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 02:25:47 PM »

They replaced all the padding. the price surprised me too as i have had a lot of upholstery done over the years.
What area are you in stinky? i really need to get the fx interior redone. IMO price is only a part of the question along with obviously the quality of the job but to me the most important part is dealing with someone i know or at least someone who has a common interest. I have always tried to keep my business dealing as friendly as is possible and it has always worked for me.
regards
Ian
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 09:25:43 PM »

I can vouch for Stinkys work,top shelf and maintains originality.See for yourself...

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: