FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:16:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Special Registration around Australia  (Read 8291 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: August 10, 2012, 12:18:55 PM »
+1

I am doing some research into special or conditional registration for older but modified cars around Australia. Decyphering the various Government websites to compare "apples with apples" is proving to be difficult.
It would be greatly appreciated if people could post or email some details on their state's scheme or lack thereof.

SA currently has a Conditional Rego Scheme for Historic (pre '79 stock), stock LHD Cars and Street Rods (pre '49 under Rod Regs). I am heading up a committee to get pre '79 modifieds included on the scheme and would like comparative data.

The main things I am after are :
- Days of registration per year
- Cost per year
- Conditions and/or restrictions

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 11:27:39 PM »

Nothing for 49-79 modifieds in NSW Stinky.
There is a committee in discussions with the RMS.
This is headed up by the ANSMA and ASMF.
There was a public meeting about 2 months ago as an info day.
Here is the flyer with the contact details on the bottom.
http://postimage.org/image/xfedtzt5x/
Regards
Alex

REDMR2RED
vic-club

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:03:56 AM »

In Victoria it's called the Club Permit Scheme

45 or 90 days permit (you can pay for the other 45 days in needed) in 12 months costs around $65 or $130
25 years or older vehicle with once only RWC or a "Club Safety Check"
must be a club member
fill in a Log Book if driving beyond 100M from home

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/PermitsModificationsAndDefects/OtherPermits/ClubPermits.htm

1959 FC Holden Ute
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 09:30:25 AM »

Do any of the schemes allow you to use your original number plate?

Gary
Siggs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:49:36 AM »

Tas has special interest reg, a one off roadworthy is required, can drive 52 times a year and have to fill in log book cost $267.00 approx p.a. and are issued with white plates with black writing (as opposed to white with blue) SI_ _ _ _.
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:10:51 AM »

Thanks Siggs, I found the details for Tasmania but had trouble working out the cost.

Does anyone know if WA, ACT or NT has a scheme?

ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:53:32 AM »

The ACT has a Concessional Registration Scheme.  This is not a permit, but a form of registration with limits.  It allows vehicles to be used only for club sanctioned events or purposes (including test runs for mechanical issues).  A logbook entry must be made of every journey before the journey is commenced.  The club monitors the logbooks through annual (and random) logbook inspections by the club registrar.

Modified vehicles are permitted on CRS, but each club is required to have its own guidelines as to what modifications are permitted for vehicles associated with that club.  There is generally no issue with modifications that were or would have been done 'in the day'.  The guidelines are not acceptable to the authorities if they allow for highly modified vehicles.  The RTA can knock back a vehicle presented for inspection if it is too highly modified for CRS purposes.

I have just paid $97.10 to renew my FE sedan for 12 months (incl CTPI).  I don't know if there is a standard fee or whether it varies depending on vehicle weight and some of those other variables that apply to normal rego.  It would be fair to assume that all FEs and FCs weigh similar and therefore have the same fee, but I am making an assumption on that one.

The ACT Council of Motor Clubs has been lobbying the ACT govt for years to bring in a SIVs scheme.  The latest report on that is that the govt has backed away from the promising signs that we had about 12 months ago.  I am assuming it is off the agenda for at least this year b/c there is an election due here and there is no time to get a scheme through the Assembly.  The expectation was that 90 days per year would be allowed on SIVs, but it was never clear what fees would be imposed.

I can see if our guidelines on mods can be made available to you for research purposes.

Cheers
David

sunnytim

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 07:01:24 PM »

Qld's Special Interest Vehicle Scheme (SIV) Conditions:
1.  Owner must be a member of an incorporated club
2.  Vehicle must be at least 30 years old
3.  No restrictions to whether stock, modified etc.  The vehicle can also be an L34 plated 'replica' of a 30+ year old vehicle.
4.  Each car club needs a SIV Coordinator, who must complete an inspection/acknowledgement that the vehicle is 30+ years old
5.  The vehicle can be used on any 'official' club run, rally, fete, show, swap meet provided it is organised and acknowledged in the minutes of the club (a bit grey on 'which' club)
6.  The vehicle can be used in a 15km radius of where the vehicle is garaged for 'testing' following repairs.  In recent years this has been tightened up as situations such as a mechanic driving his SIV registered car to work wach day is not reasonable.
7.  'Customised' plates (original N,O & P series no plates) are allowed to be put on vehicles, otherwise the vehicle is issued with a S-xxxxx number plate.
8.  An unregistered vehicle needs a RWC to go onto the scheme, however no RWC is needed to transfer on or off the scheme (to full rego)
9.  The scheme is openly abused by a number of people who don't realise that their CTP (compulsary third party) is void if they have an accident outside of the conditions above (millions of dollars litigation for personal injury....).  I go past at least 1 'S' plate weekly on the way to work.  The police don't seem to enforce evasion either.
10.  Many people are looking to the Vic and SA schemes where people can use a logbook for 30, 60 or 90 days per annum for anything they like.  I personally have 5 cars on SIV and many get very little use due to the restrictions.  You can't take 5 cars on 1 club run and 1 swap meet every month.  Unfortunately Qld Transport go to one committe for advice that is 'stacked' so any concept of a review by this committee is short lived.  They are mostly retirees who organise 'weekday' club runs which suits them, and are against a 60 or 90 day scheme as they feel the will not get the coverage they do on the current scheme  Angry

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »

Thanks again guys.

cruisin_doug

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 07:41:17 AM »

Stinky have sent you an email.

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 12:48:11 AM »

South Aussies, we need data!
There is now a survey online, only 7 questions that will go a long way to helping the cause.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7S526DH
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:54:42 AM by stinky » Logged

collecta
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 01:11:06 AM »

Done  Grin

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
spybo

Retrotech's the way to go

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 11:49:59 AM »

Also done!
thanks and good luck
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 03:23:25 PM »

Done  Smiley
Keep up the good work Stinky

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
Ole

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 08:48:59 AM »

Done.

Adelaide SA
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 09:42:40 AM »

Thanks Guys, for the non-Facebookers here is an update :
The initial rush is over, we got up to 400 responses very quickly and the last 39 have trickled in over the last few days.
174 responses via email, from 800+ emails sent out.
265 responses via the Weblink (Facebook promotion only).

The SMASA Newsletter has the link printed, 500+ will be going out, we'll probably get 10-20 responses back from that Tongue

Then I will be sending out a letter to 160 clubs asking them to get their members to fill it out too.

EARLY results are showing that for every 1.5 pre 1979 cars that are registered in some form (ie the Government have a current record) there is 1 car tucked away in storage that the owner would put on Conditional Registration for Modified Vehicles.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: