FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 08:25:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: air con compressor to fit  (Read 2560 times)
Simo

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:19:19 PM »

Have purchased Vintage Air evap unit and fitted it nicely under the dash behind glove box,got condensor fitted nicely but having trouble fitting a compressor under the alternator without cutting into the chassis rail a little...looking for any advice on a smaller compressor if any one has had any luck in fitting one please..engine is a 202 with the proper mounting bracket for alternator and compressor..thanks in advance
Simo
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:37:54 PM »

Simo,

Wayne looks to have done a pretty good job on his Grey Motor air con, below is a link, although yours being a red motor, there may be a difference

http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,16976.new.html

Gary
nickysox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02:58 PM »

I am only an amateur but I think you can add a bracket to the opposite side of the of your front end with the pulley in line with the harmonic balancer. Then you can run a fan belt to your air con , or use a longer belt to run from motor to alternators  to air con . However they must be unaligned to provide grip on the pulleys . The bracket could be made to allow adjustment  or the adjustment could come from the alternator side of the motor .You may even need to change to a double pulley harmonic balancer.
Simo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 07:30:29 AM »

Thanks guys
Yeah I did see Waynes photos just after I posted,he has done a beautiful job there,I didn't want to cut up the original bracket but it seems to be the only way
Thanks again guys
Simo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: