FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 02:23:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Injection onto holden blue 6  (Read 2802 times)
heavyduty1340

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:11:43 PM »

Im just wondering if it is easy to adapt the fuel injection from a holden black motor to a blue motor

I have a 3.3l blue in my FE atm, and have been offered a black motor intake and throttle body if I want them

There isnt a computer with it or injectors afaik - are these easy to pick up?

Would I need to run o2 sensor?

Cheers

Faedy
john253a

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:21:13 PM »

youll need to put the black head on, im not 100% as ive only gone from black to red, but you may need to drill 2 holes for water jacket,
you just use the black head gasket to mark it out,
youll need to fit the black cam or check that yours is withing the operating parameters of the standard injection,
youll also neet the dizzy, computer and wiring harness, + elect. fuel pump

most of it is very cheep to buy from wreckers, i think last time the wiring and pump was 150 odd

as far a exhaust the co2 should come with wiring and you can just weld the fitting on or change the pipes out,

this is a worth wild mod to do if you are driving the car on a regular basses,

but i wouldn't recommend it just for a weekend/hobby car,
for the effort and work you would be better off giving you car a proper tune and service, with a few upgrades like elect. ignition and carby reco

Good + Fast = Not Cheap
Cheap + Fast = Not Good
Good + Cheap = Not Fast
heavyduty1340

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:22:18 PM »

Thanks John
I dont think I will worry about it

I want to have a bit of fun in  the old girl for a year or two, then either do a ground up resto on this one, or more than likely buy an FC or EK so I can go V8 in it.
john253a

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 11:48:34 PM »

if you wait that long to do it youll be buying one already engineered, who knows how hard it will be then

if you not dead set on the v8(like me) a rb25det or 28dett are better options, lighter and easier to pass engineers, not to mention 3x the power, in there stock form

Good + Fast = Not Cheap
Cheap + Fast = Not Good
Good + Cheap = Not Fast
heavyduty1340

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »

Without sounding like a wanker, Im not overly worried about having it pass engineering. It will be constructed properly though as Im all for safety.

I have a few cars, and things like this, and my monaro only get driven half a dozen times a year or less!!

I have a friend here that owns an engineering company as well as a bloke moved over from the east who does the Commodore steering rack onto the HR front end.(Phils Diffs and Suspension)
Between them they do a very slick v8 conversion using the inj 304

The old girl is getting there fully rebuilt front end and commodore rack put in next week, and a commodore diff soon after.

Chances are I will still go ls1 conversion as I have the motor/trans already.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: