FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:58:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Questions for Weddo, FC engine bay.  (Read 2394 times)
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2012, 04:43:52 PM »

Weddo, just had a look at your racer engine bay on another post. Is this how you bought your car, or have you done some of it yourself?

The tubing between the inlet runners, what is it's purpose?

I see the coolant return fitting has been removed and new tubes inserted into the head. Must be more efficient.

I love the carby return springs.

I hope youre having awesome fun  with this car. I had a great weekend just gone at Wakefield Park. My car flew all weekend (that is after I fixed my timing issue). I even beat an LJ home in our last race. Now to remove the engine for a freshen up.

Colin.

colt
john253a

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »

http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,18581.msg111763.html#msg111763

Good + Fast = Not Cheap
Cheap + Fast = Not Good
Good + Cheap = Not Fast
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 10:32:36 PM »

Hi Colin,

Its pretty much as we purchased it

The tube between the inlet runners is a balance tube. Some of the old guys reckon its not large enough in diameter as I still get a bit of flutter with the throttle at idle, but I don't think it makes that much difference. I do have some diffent spring rates I can try in the carbies to see we can eliminate the flutter, but once you hit the go fast pedal it disapears Grin

As described so accurately by "Keith EFFCEE"

"This mod was common in Grey motors that engaged in combat on the race track. Due to the poor design of the water circulation throughout the engine, the Grey Motor developed steam pockets in the head when in full war cry, as a result, heads developed cracks and headgaskets felt the need to be elsewhere with great regularity.

To solve this problem the thermostat was blocked off and holes were drilled at even points along the head. A coolant "manifold" was then made up to allow steam pockets to escape and return the water to the radiator."

I have had a few minor problems with the engine, but have still managed to get plenty of track time on club days and practice days and regularity events. It certainly is a whole lot of fun and I am getting quicker all the time.

I'll give you a drive in Perth  Cheesy

regards

Weddo
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 05:39:54 PM »

Would love it.

colt
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 08:00:52 PM »

Can we all have a drive ?

another game for sports trophy challenge

The fastest bog lap around hotel carpark in Weddos racing car game    Grin Grin Grin

we can play that one after we finish
The list all the bits stolen off Cathys 'Ugly Duckling' to build surferboys wagon game   Roll Eyes

Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: