FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 04, 2024, 04:16:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: rods racks and custom extractors  (Read 4850 times)
FC 304 wannabe

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:20:50 AM »

hi guys,

I have noticed rods racks web site is gone and his mobile number disconnected.... Does this mean he is no longer available for work and or advice?
Also, I will be attempting shortly, to modify my pacemaker extractors to fit the 304 into the fc. I am confused on the best way to route the pipes on each side. Any suggestions? I have extra bends and pipe available... Is try y or 4 into 1 the better option. I also don't know where to finish the pipes.... Near the sump, or at the back of the gearbox ??
photos and instructions would make life easier.. I hope !
thanks,
Shannon
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 12:04:49 PM »

When I had my rack done in June-July 2011 Rod indicated he was not taking anymore orders as he was having a complete change of careers. As I understand going teaching. So with your info I assume he has been successful in getting a teaching job and no longer does Racks.

Rgds Wayne b
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 03:21:12 PM »

Shannon,
 When fitting these motors there is no straight forward answer to your question as all these vehicles are "one offs". That is there are many different combinations and not one is the same. My view is that you make the pipes in sections (two or three piece) so that if you need to replace the gear box or motor then it is fairly straight forward. Undo a flange or two and there you go. Just my thoughts as everyone is different.
Regards Brett
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 07:03:00 PM »

I like your forum name  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
FC 304 wannabe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 07:56:20 PM »

thanks guys..
I'll make it up as I go...

fc 304 wannabe over and out
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 10:43:22 PM »

there are pics and stuff on here, ya just gotta find them. or look on build pages. might be good to look on some fb forum threads too. a fair few cut hole on the inner guard etc. it would depend if you do a rear mount rack or not too? just make it up as you go i'd think to suit.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: