FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 11:36:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE_FC WANTED WILL TRAVEL  (Read 8019 times)
oldskool

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2011, 03:34:10 PM »

hey ppl im chasing a fe fc sedan I have 5grand to spend I would like
One that had the mounts to fit a red motor but thats not a problem if it has a grey
motor already just looking for a tidy goer cheers ben
John253a
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 03:53:12 PM »

what area you in and what stage of car you after, ie full resto, ready to drive or somewhere in between

i just pied 13k for mine and its rwc  but i do need to spend about 10k more to get it were i want it,

for your price tag you have, you will get something im just not sure if its what your after or have the funds to bring up to rwc

dont want to a frown on your face but you may be better off saving a bit more, and getting a more complete car, as they normally start at 12+ and they only going up

i started off looking in the 5-6g mark 5 years ago and only just fount something that didn't need 3years and 10k put into it just to make it run, then you need paint and trim and all the shiny stuff there's another 10+

there are a few down my way that are askind 3500-4000 for a good shell, no trim, no chrome, no running gear
Hobbo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:33:38 PM »

I have a FE in the final process of resto, Body and Paint is done in Fouler's Ivory and Maroon Roof, mech - excel. 173 Red, good original box, 3.08 diff with EH r brakes and housing, HR disc front end and booster, 13x6 Magnums, H/D EH radiator, alternator, starter etc. Trim and rubbers are yet to be done, New Mustang Fuel Tank, There is no re-chroming done. Has all its moulding, SA rego and drives Great. If I sell it I'd want $ 8,000. 5 k will get just a rusty car which has std mech and very tired everything I think.
GMB-58FC

Model: FC

Stage one complete...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:46:47 AM »

Keep searching oldskool as they are out there.

A couple of years ago I purchased a 59 Special from another forum member for $5500 that had already had floors replaced, 186 with Aussie 4 speed, HR front end, bucket seats, virtually no rust and had all its chrome in excellent condition (come to think of it Im not sure why I sold it now Sad

I'm looking for something similar myself again (a rolling shell) for another project and like everything the prices have inflated over the years as these type of cars are getting harder and harder to find but if your patient you WILL find what your looking for in your price range.

Ben

ABS Hobart- 6231 5855

FOR ALL YOUR BRAKE & CLUTCH NEEDS. 

PM FOR QUOTE
fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 02:24:18 PM »

Just look on ebay now, theres one that doesnt seem to bad for a starting point and only 6k to buy it now! My two bobs worth is you'll find what your looking for just put in a little effort and then when you least expect it one will turn up just down the road or around the corner. happy hunting
hvyibm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 09:32:32 AM »

Hello  I have an FC Special sedan that I may consider selling,if you are still looking for a car please e mail me at scandalous-marsupial@hotmail.com        or call me at 08 8376 5327    .My name is Pete. thank you.
fasteddyfc

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 04:29:31 PM »

Hi Oldskool keep searchin they are out there. I have had my fc ute for about 6 months and now a few people know i have it i seem to get people offer me old holdens all the time. A mate has been telling me that his dad has a fc sedan sitting in his shed that is 'pretty rough' for a year or more. Never went to look at it as it is a 2hr drive.
I went fishing thurs/fri near where it is located and decided to go have a look.
Well bugger me i wish i looked at it before i got my ute.
 it is a single tone india ivory fc special sedan, i looked at it for almost an hour and found only 1 rust spot the size of a 20 cent coin in the floor, still running with all chrome and an interior with no rips or tears. My mate who described it as "pretty rough' obviously has no idea, apart from some minor dents and 53 years of scratches all it needs  is a massive clean and detail. . I have never seen a better early holden body in all the years i have been 'project hunting'.
It Is within your budget so they are out there.
As for this particalar fc, i am trying to convince the missus to let me buy it, which wont be easy ive got too many toys already, i think i might have to buy it through my business and stash it for a few years while i think of a way to sneak it home without the missus noticing.
Keep looking they do exist, it wont happen in a hurry though..
Eddy
oldskool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 05:50:08 PM »

Im still lookin around not gonna jump on the first one I see thats for sure

Pete I sent u a email as I cant call u till tomorrow arvo but I will call u for sure
Cheers ben

N thanks eveyone for the replys    Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: