FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 08:26:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: TAYLORS REPO  (Read 23062 times)
fink fc

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2011, 07:37:52 AM »

ANYONE EVER DEALT WITH OR KNOW OF THE QUALITY OF TAYLORS REPLACEMENT PANELS.THERE ADS ON EBAY,BUT I GOT NO IDEA HOW GOOD THEY FIT.THANKS.GAZ.
Gordon
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 01:24:40 PM »

Hi i have been told they are good,have a look at the post in 'Restoration Help' lower front guard, started by Chris59
Gordon
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 04:18:10 PM »

HEY,THANKS FOR THE REPLY.I READ THAT [CHRIS 59]WAS HAPPY WITH HIS PURCHASE OF TAYLORS PRODUCT.I PURCHASED A H/LIGHT PEAK RUST/REPLACEMENT SECTION AT A  BUY-NOW PRICE ;TAYLORS PRODUCT]ON THE 26MAY.THE SELLER GOES BY THE NAME  -UNCLE BILLS BIKE SHOP PARTS.UP UNTIL THE 2 JUNE I GOT EXCUSES.SINCE THAN I'VE SENT3 MSGS.  2 I'VE ASKED[WHAT'S GOIN ON].THE THIRD ON SAT I ASKED HOW HE HAD 100% FEEDBACK WHEN ALL HE'S DONE OVER THE PAST WEEKS HAS STUFFED ME AROUND.IT'S OBVIOUS TAYLORS PRODUCT IS OK IT'S THE CLOWN WHO SHOULD STICK TO SELLING BIKE PARTS.
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 04:22:33 PM »

Does anyone know how to get in touch with these fella's. I have left numerous messages with Bill and he hasn't got back to me.He did initially to say he was willing to post but once I supplied the post code and what I wanted he hasn't go back to me. This has been over the last 6 weeks. Hope he isn't crook or something happened. Has anyone else dealt with them lately.

I am going to do some sub frame work when I am on holidays in two weeks time. They have 100% rating in ebay so must be good. Substantially cheaper than Rares. The pieces look exactly the same and have similar part numbers. Maybe they make the parts for Rares.

Rod
Gordon
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:48:56 AM »

Hi same thing here i ordered two lower front guard sections 3 weeks ago,asked for postage cost he replied with this

"on the issue of postage, In the eBay store system ... if you don't list a postage value, it defaults to postage free, 9 I think they want it added in so they get a % on the postage ) I'm sure you appreciate with our parts they are all different sizes and weights, and to different post codes also has a big effect on the costs, rather than charge every one the high cost we prefer to get a quote, takes time and is in convenient, but works out the cheapest and fairest to you the customer

Hope that helps you understand our situation

Regards Bill "

This was last week and have heard nothing since ?
Gordon

Gordon
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 09:55:59 AM »

Hi again just had another look at taylors ebay store and seen this

Taylors ebay store has been placed on Holiday Mode.

All parts will  be available from  Auto Restores Paradise , if you cant find the Taylor’s parts in there store, call or email them with Taylors part number,  they WILL be able to help you.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Auto-Restorers-Paradise?_trksid=p4340.l2563

also know as BettaAutoRubber   http://bettaautorubber.com.au/

Free Call   1800 674483

PS  You will also find all sorts of other goodies in there store

Gordon
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 10:07:11 AM »

Auto restorers paradise have always been awesome service.

Mark L

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 09:38:19 PM »

Hi all
I did the same. Purchased a left and right under floor cross member section. Rang the guy at better auto rubber today to find out whats doin, the fellow assured me they are genuine people and he would solve the issue on their behalf. I guess I have to wait a while longer. Must admit though I did not see the "on holiday" sign on ebay. I suggest you ring better auto rubber as he seemed genuine and wanted to help
Mark L
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 09:23:13 AM »

UPDATE.I JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL.THIS BILL GUY TELLS ME HE'S VERY,VERY SORRY,HE THOUGHT HE GOT BACK TO ME[YEAH-SURE]THE MACHINE TO PRESS THE PART IS STUFFED.HE CAN'T SUPPLY IT.IT'S AMAZING HOW A BIT OF BAD FEEDBACK GETS SOMEONE OFF THERE ARSE.ANYWAY I'VE 2 PHONE NMBS.MAYBE YOU GUYS WILL GET SOME ANSWERS.BILL-0411883145,TAYLORS[RAY]07 32821818 RING9-11AND AFTER 3.  GAZ.
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 08:34:19 PM »

Saga continues. Contacted bettarautoubber twice and haven't heard back from them either. Bill from taylors has since contacted me through ebay messages apologising again etc... He left me his email address to finalise details and have a guess what, the email address bounces back. Not too sure what's going on, maybe just not technically minded. Getting anxious as I have some work being done Monday week on the sub frame.
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 10:42:54 PM »

Bill eventually made contact and sent parts through which I received today. Quality is excellent. May need some slight massaging but got an excellent base to work with. Highly recommend. I sense in my dealings with Bill he is an honest, down to earth guy who was bought up in another era which lacked technology. Not making excuses for him, maybe if he isn't up with the technological age that he gets someone else to do it for him. I am more than happy to support guys like this along with rares etc... as they make our lives a lot easier for us. If it wasn't for them our task of restoring and maintaining our prides and joy would be all the more difficult.
Mark L

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 05:36:53 PM »

G'Day all
My parts arrived today and to me, (fairly new at restoring cars) the parts look really good. They fit neatly and are good quality. What impressed me was Bill rang me to discuss the difficulty he is having with all the emails he is getting before I could ring him. Seems quite a number of people have ordered or are making enquiries. Bill also advised the site is being managed by someone else from here on as it is too much for him. From my experience and I have no affliliation with Bill or the rubber company, I would buy again. I suggest if you are waiying on parts give him a call to discuss the issue.
Mark
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 10:36:46 AM »

BILL CONTACTED ME & WE SORTED IT.I'LL DEAL WITH HIM NO PROBLEM. GAZ.
Gordon
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 01:24:28 PM »

Yeh same here got parts yesterday (took a while) look good, no problems dealing with him again
Gordon
vmx-mxr

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 12:59:01 PM »

An interesting thread.

Until you run a business and have a failure of either the operator (illness or accident etc), machine or some other thing completely beyond your control eg Qld floods you cannot imaging the inconvenience and frustration that the repairer, manufacturer or supplier goes through.

My big compressor has been down for nearly two months due to a stupid and very expensive part that has to come from the UK and there is stuff all I can do although it is supposed to be here in a day or so meaning I can begin blasting again when it is fitted. That is after a false start a month ago when the "correct" part that had arrived was WRONG meaning I had to wait another month. I felt more sorry for the poor guy who had ordered it from the dumb distibutors and thank goodness I also have my firies income!

The only annoying thing is when the guy or the shops they supply us start bullshitting when the truth is far better eg the press for forming the sections is RS as in the case with Taylors. If the person wanting the parts can't understand then tough for them and let 'em make there own bits from scratch. I've bought some of Taylors radiator supports for an FB ute and they seem pretty good in all respects and would hate to see them just get pissed with the attitude and close their doors as we, the restorers/modifiers rely on all of these people more than they know.

Dave Mac  Wink
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »

THERE WAS NEVER AN ISSUE WITH TAYLORS AS STATED,ONLY WITH WHAT YOU CALL ''STUPID DISTRIBUTORS.'' AFTER COUNTLESS EMAILS NO ANSWERS AT ALL AFTER 30DAYS. IF THERE WAS A CONTACT PHONE NMBR FOR TAYLORS & THE DISTRIBUTOR THERE 'D BE NO PROBLEM.COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY AND EVERYONE HAS LEARNT FROM THIS.[AINT THAT RIGHT BILL] .  GAZ.
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 12:23:43 PM »

HO HUM. Bought some repair panels 18 days ago from Taylors , initially the web site stated that goods would be sent by the 11/8.  NO goods as yet .NO response to questions sent via ebay. I can't be that hard?Huh

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
Ole

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 02:21:35 PM »

I recently bought some panels from Ray Taylor and found him to be very obliging. I got the impression that he's not overly familiar with sending packages via couriers, his preferred method is through Australia Post. I organised my own courier pick-up with him and I had my package in less than a week.

Adelaide SA
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 08:20:36 PM »

Obliging he may be but when when he won't contact you back??? its hard to have a discourse. Preferred method or not ... its actually up to him how he sends the goods as he charged me good money for the delivery..... any delivery!  in 18 days I could have walked it here.
I just don't understand when you advertise on a particular medium then ignore it. As I said.... it can't be that hard??

Port Macquarie NSW
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 07:43:17 PM »

36 days and counting. The lovely lady who eventually responded to my emails was very indignant that had to bother her AGAIN Huh( WTF)and quite rude. She also said that she would let me know what was going on by the end of the week. .... 2 weeks ago.  I have asked for my money back!

Port Macquarie NSW
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: