FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:01:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: City Cabs Logo  (Read 3976 times)
Philby
act-club

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2011, 01:21:05 PM »

Hi All,

I have a small project that requires the old City Cabs logo that appeared on the Hobart FC cab doors and roof light in '59+.

I can only find very low res. ones on the net and they are all on the TRAX Model TR13H model.

If anyone has a clear image of the logo and the print on the roof light I'd really appreciate you posting or emailing it to me. Even a close-up shot from a Trax model may do the job.

I've been in contact with the company now running City Cabs and although they have some pictures and business cards, they have been unable to scan and send them to me.

Here is what I've been able to find, but I need a clearer one.

Cheers,

Phil

fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »

are you doing a themed taxi? do u need it to be city cabs, where did they run? i thought your car was a sydney one?

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Philby
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 02:33:28 PM »

Hey Deano,

Yep a themed taxi. My car is a Sydney car and hasn't seen any service as a taxi, I'm just looking to have some fun with friends and family. Nothing permanent except a taxi rail if I can find one.

City Cabs ran in Hobart and I've found their colour scheme and logo's would be best for my project.

I just read through your restoration post. Looks like a great car to own. I've been spending hours on research too, don't you wish the taxi companies just kept images, records, adverts etc. for us Smiley

I'll let you know if I come across anything for Black & White Taxi's.

Cheers,

Phil

ekute

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 08:05:48 PM »

Gidday Philby, pm utemad he's a signwriter and would probly do it for you.
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 06:01:22 PM »

thanks. i have those stickers thats why i asked but city cabs sounds cool.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: