FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:26:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Expressions of Interest - FE Fibreglass Model  (Read 12751 times)
craiga
« on: March 13, 2003, 09:32:48 AM »

Sid from the NSW Club has spent many years perfecting a 1/10 scale model of an FE Sedan. Here are the results of his work.

EVERYONE was impressed with the quality of the production, which includes a detailed undercarriage. Sid would now like expressions of interest from people wishing to purchase their own miniature (it's about 18 inches long) FE. Indicative cost is $200.00 which is very reasonable considering the amount of development work that's gone into the thing. FC is to follow.

Vote on the poll under this thread.

Thanks,

Craig.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2003, 01:37:40 PM »

Just a point to note.  The undercarriage in these photos is not the final one.  Sid is well aware that it is not sitting right, this was just a prototype of the undercarriage and that will be corrected in the final version.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 02:07:58 AM »

I will buy at least 1

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2003, 12:49:12 PM »

look good as they are.  Count me in for at least one.

Brett   8^)

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2003, 10:56:41 AM »

Smiley Smiley :)FINE BUY ME ,I'LL HAVE ONE TOO THANKS ,ASAP WHEN AVAILABLE PLEASE EMAIL ME INFO TOBUY .THANKS COLIN(MAITLAND). Wink
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 06:11:22 AM »

Well they're getting closer to full-scale (if you'll pardon the pun) production.  I had a visit from Sid today with my completed model under one arm.

Considering he hadn't seen my all-blue car in the flesh until today, the colour match is very good.  Even has the white-walls Grin

I'll post some more photos of it shortly.

Final prices are being sorted out at the moment.

cheers
RET
(happy 1:10 and 1:1 scale Elk Blue FE owner Wink)

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 07:32:07 AM »

Hi Ret
What a great model. I would get one myself but that will have to wait as I need to work on the real thing before adding to my display shelf.

To Sid
Great Job and I can not wait to see to others you are making.

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 12:20:20 PM »

Oh my.....that looks great.
Sid has done a wonderful job.
Regards
Alex

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 02:07:06 AM »

Hey Ret/Sid,
Looks great I'll have 1 unpainted.
Cheers,
Graham Wink
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 11:28:16 PM »

I've been a bit slack with updating this thread  :-/

Sid brought his prototype FC to a recent NSW Club meeting.  Here are a few pictures of it.  As you can see it has both a stock and a modified floor-pan and wheels option.

FE and FC together:

FC Close Up:

A few more angles:

Note the FC now has rear quarter panel badges.

cheers
RET

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2004, 11:36:05 PM »

I had a surprise visit from Sid last night, with the latest news on the model.  The FE mould is at last nearing production stage, and Sid brought it around to show me.  Here are a few pics of it.  The mould is actually four pieces that are screwed together, and it was very interesting to see how the final product comes about.

As you can see, it really is getting closer to the day you can have one of these on your mantlepiece Grin

cheers
RET

Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2004, 04:29:56 AM »

Would love an FC in purple, i have the original paint for my car , can you spray the models with acrylic?
                                                  Rusty

Bogans rule
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2004, 05:03:46 AM »

It's my understanding that Sid would prefer to supply the models unpainted anyway, so you can do with them as you wish.

cheers
RET

COL58FE

FE225

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2004, 09:01:48 AM »

:omaaad,i'm waiting to place my eager order for an FE. ;)COL58FE.
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2004, 06:10:11 AM »

Sid I would like to take one to the Sydney Model Auto Club Meeting and show the guys.
Your call.
John Pisani 95467117.
meeky

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2004, 08:39:44 PM »

Guys,

Any further indication as to when these great models will be available to order?
streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2004, 09:43:50 PM »

These models look great!... All we have to do now is cross one with one of those muscle machine build-its - with the wild blown engines and and huge wheels... the posibilities are endless. When will these be released and where  are they going to be available from?
Keep up the great work!
Cheers streetneat

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2004, 02:28:55 AM »

I  All
 I obtained one from sid last week and it looks great. If you keep an lookout it will be in Australian Classic Cars Magizine in the January Edition  in there model car section as they were very impresed with the one I had done.
WAYNE
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2004, 12:40:49 PM »

Ah streetneat, your thinking too small!
What you should do is go here - http://www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=1854

and pick-up the 1/10 scale RADIO CONTROLLED Top Fuel dragster, cut and shut the chassis, slide it in the glass body and you have a really expensive (but cool) toy.
It'll probably last all of 30 seconds too Smiley
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 12:42:48 PM by stinky » Logged

streetneat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2004, 08:51:26 PM »

Hey there stinky-
I would be struggling to justify the cost of one of these Fibreglass models - let alone spending up big on a powered version!.... The Muscle machines are 1:18 scale and if you look hard you can find the Build -its. Kiwi readers of this forum would be familiar with the Warehouse chain of stores - they have more of those than Mc Donalds!- these stores are here as well - in limited numbers and last week I finally found one that stocked the Muscle Machines - price?- a mere $39.00
These cars are terriffic - they are superbly detailed - made from Die cast - have a very exaggerated wheel /trye / blown motor  and stance - very cartoon like and rather tuff .Yet these cars still look like the real thing.
Does any one here subscribe to Newsledder? There is a great article featuring some guys collection of Modified Hotwheels cars. ( another major collection I have as well) Any way he has set up a Diarama of an entire town - complete with industrial area and has many of the advertisers work shops set up around the town.

I will be interested in buying one of the Fibreglass FC's. More because they are not a mass produced item and they are the only decent thing available. The trax cars are overpriced for what they are - so I dont collect them.
Cheers streetneat.  

Cheers streetneat -Andrew
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: