FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 09:49:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dash Paint  (Read 3161 times)
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2011, 08:41:07 PM »

I am just about to repaint the dash on my FC.  I know the colour is Cinder Grey - 253-9558.  I cannot find anybody that has the mix code for this colour as it is NC.  The FB/EK colour is Clinker Grey and acrylic.  Mix code is available for this.  I had 20ml sample made but found this was a little too grey.

Does anybody know a mix code for Cinder Grey in acrylic or suggest where I may get this colour?  What do other people use?

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 08:52:15 PM »

I've always just had it eye matched.

Ken
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 08:59:56 PM »

Hey Keith,the best suggestion I can make is don't do what I did.At the expense of sounding like a complete backyarder I got some RFU Black Acrylic (GMH Black,or Chassis Black as it is sometimes called) and mixed some white acrylic in with it. Tongue Dodgey,I know but the chassis black is a satin so not so reflective on the dash but it was just a little more grey than Cinder which appears more of a browny grey if than makes sense.Still,I am reasonably happy with the result.If you have a good sample someone should be able to match it.I used the trims that go from the dash up to the roof on both sides of the windscreen.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 09:57:11 PM »

Hi guys, I'm not sure about those late models (FC) Cheesy, but the service bulletin dated October 1956 for the FE states :

The flat paint finish of the upper shroud panel located immediately above the instrument panel is achieved by adding to the regular Duco 25-30% by volume of BALM Duco Flatting Base No. 299-9733.
The mixture is then thinned in the normal way with laquer thinner to spraying viscosity and applied with spray gun.
To preserve uniformity of colour shade, touch up of a damaged shroud panel is not recommended, but rather the complete panel should be coated with the semi-flat laquer.

Just a bit of interesting info I thought.
Hope this is of some use

Cheers Stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 10:54:04 PM »

Hehehehe Stewy,by the time the FC bulletin came out it just said "paint the Bloody dash Grey"..... Grin

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:32:37 PM »

Thanks for all the leads.

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)