FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 08:21:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1/4 window glass removal  (Read 3543 times)
wayne.c

Model: FC

Two of the greatest!!! Bob Marley and FC Holdens

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »

Hi

Any body had experience removing the 1/4 glass from the chrome surround any tips would be appreciated

Cheers Wayne
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 10:35:37 PM »

Wayne, sometimes the glass can be removed by gently prising the chrome away from the glass, but it is so easy to chip the edge of the glass.  What I usually do is find the best surround and the best glass, brake the glass in the good frame and cut the frame of the best glass.  Sounds wasteful but generally the results are better.

Ken
wayne.c

Model: FC

Two of the greatest!!! Bob Marley and FC Holdens

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:56:34 PM »

Thanks Ken...I sorta thought there was no easy way!!It is wasteful to sacrifice either a glass or frame but as
you say there might be no other way. I am going to try breaking the seal between glass and frame with an extra sharp blade then gingerly pry the frame away and if that fails just smash the glass.

Cheers Wayne

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: