FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:26:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 1959 fc Update!  (Read 8025 times)
JamiePla

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2011, 02:23:54 AM »

Well, most of you may have seen my old post, if not go check and let me no what you think of the work done.

since last time was post a lot has happen, well where to start, Driving home from work one day and the time gearing went, just as i got home, lucky in a way. So thought it was time to get her looking shiny.

So, motor came out the next day, Which has had a full re built, I sent it a way to Abbouts, in southport, gold coast
Really wanted to give it a go but thought I'd leave the first motor to a pro.
but really happy with the motor, Got a Watson racing cam, Je pistion's and whole new head ect ect ect, It's now a bit of a Tuff 6 and still keeping the original style Smiley

gearbox got a freshen up, as well as uni's, new clutch slave, etc etc

Did all the repairs to the body, very little rust which was nice Tongue
2pk prime, then splashed a few coats of DuPont original colours, which is still yet to have a cut and buff.

threw some Mexican blankets over the original seats, got some new speakers which are just sitting on the floor in some box's so no cutting into the car at all.

Well that's just some of went down in the 2months she was off the road
been driving her again which has been really nice and just got a few little things left ill be doing slowly along the way,

Let me no what you all think.

Penguin

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:23:47 PM »

Hi Jamie, I liked your FC before, it looks terrific now (love the colours). You did well getting it done in 2 months. Top job, great pics.
Cheers, Ben
JamiePla

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 10:59:18 AM »

Hey thanks mate, Yeah i loved it ratty! Smiley
fcdunedin

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

chris sayers
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 06:06:12 PM »

Looks great Jamie,the chrome on the car prior to repaint looks good as save you a lot of money there for a start,with the engine freshen up is she still a nice runner?
JamiePla

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 08:57:34 AM »

Yeah this car owns me very little money so far... Tongue
she drives great, only need to do the diff as It gets abit shit around 90 - 100kms, Any advice on diff work would be great too
bit better then the other p platers cars getting around on the gold coast anyways Smiley
JamiePla

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 12:10:09 AM »

Does anybody have a set of front  indicator chrome Huh?
JamiePla

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »

I may be putting this up for sale, if there is anyone instered pm with an offer.
Still rego in Qld, all so just bought personal plates in black and white plate number - FC 59
!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: