FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 03:31:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Wipers again  (Read 3871 times)
57effie

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2010, 10:35:45 PM »

Hi all,
Got the motor, switch and wiring sorted but what do I use to drive the wiper arms off the motor ? I think I need something like the drive spindle of the EK motor but where would I find one ?
While I'm at it does anyone have a good wiper switch Knob I could buy, swap or trade something for ?

But wait, there's more.

I can't replace the 185/75 13 tyres on the old girl, not made in that size now. I can get lower profile tyres, 60 & 65's, but the the gearing is already to low because of the reduced rolling diameter, so I'm thinking of going to 14 inch rims with 195/70 14's which will have a rolling diameter closer to the original 640 or 650/13 crossply's but I want to use the original hub caps. I remember a mate of mine having the centres out of his 13 inch rims welded into 14x7 inch rims for a HR he had. Neither the local tyrepower bloke or the bob jane bloke are any help. I'm hoping that someone out there might have seen or heard of this.

Cheers,

Mark
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 07:50:06 AM »

Ebay has heaps of 13,s not 75 series but 70,s and cheap as chips.

Like i have said to others before just use a FC headlight switch for your wipers i run a resistor on the parkers so i get a slower speed and have it wired to the headlight side for full speed and they have the same knobs ect.

From memory i thought the fc wiper drive arm bolted on the ek wiper motor could be wrong have been before ??

Heres the tyres

Ebay Item #http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Marangoni-e-logic-13-inch-tyres-175-70R13-RRP-90-00-ea-/130407339652?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5ce21684

FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 07:54:09 AM »

Ebay Item #130407339652

57effie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 07:24:41 AM »

I should have said Ive got a VN commodore wiper motor. I need the knob for the switch, not necessarily the complete switch. The knob on my wiper switch has the chrome ring broken off. All that is left is the black plastic centre. It was that way when I bought the car 5 years ago. I'll check out ebay. Thanks for that.
waynos

Model: FC

patience grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 06:27:28 PM »

neales wheels in sydney could do ya rims for ya.but it will be around the 160 or 200 each rim
but i know how to do it
chop ya centres out of the thirteen inchers then flair out the flanges half an inch each ,get some 14's off anything with the same width ,chop the centres out.
get someone with a lathe or make up a jig that you can bolt the centre to then tack one of the flanges onto the outer rim,clamp something that touches the outside edge of the rim spin it 180 degrees tacketc.then get a profficient welder to weld em up for ya ..done.
not for most people though.so the money you pay is worth it to get a proffessional to do this job

The grinder is mightier than the sword.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: