FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:38:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rims for FE Ute  (Read 1860 times)
Don

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2010, 08:40:50 PM »

I have to get rims for my Fe Ute. I have been told the original rims have the center hub riveted to the outer rim and the hole for the tube valve is larger then normal and a rubber sleeve was fitted around the valve to locate it in the rim.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 10:08:03 AM »

This is correct, the original FE rims, and early FC had the centres riveted to the rim and had a 5/8 tyre valve hole. later tubes, using the TR13 valve which was designed for a 29/64 hole in the rim, required the fitment of a ferrule to prevent the tube stem from abarading against the larger 5/8 hole. Later FC rims had a 29/64 hole in the rim, but the centres were still riveted to the rim. From FB onwards the centres  were welded to the rims.

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 12:42:18 PM »

Just to add to what EffCee has said, if the earlier rims are in good condition they can be fitted up with tubeless tyres (as per factory) providing you can locate the larger diameter tubeless valve stems.

3 of the rims on my FE are still running tubeless tyres
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: