FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:56:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Car trailer  (Read 5076 times)
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2010, 05:16:51 PM »

WTB, tandem car trailer. To fit EH Holden specifically. I am not after a huge trailer, rather one that will take medium size cars. I am in Canberra, but don't mind a small trip to check out genuine leads. MUST be good nick with minimal work required, rego preferred.

Colin, 0428 299 626 or PM.

colt
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 05:47:08 PM »

Colin,
It will be much easier to load and unload your EH if it is a tilt trailer, but obviously a bit dearer

regards

Weddo
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 06:16:52 PM »

I find a tilt good only if the car is broken down. If it is drivable, I find the normal trailer easier because as you get level on the trailer it's easier to ease forward to a stop. Mine is not a tilt but there is also a hand winch at the front and winching is also easier by hand on this - the tilt you definitely need an electric winch.

Just my opinion.

P
 Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 07:36:18 PM »

Hi Colt,

Have been looking for a while now for a trailer to take a motorbike and the ute from Cairns to Melbourne. Ebay see some trailers made new for around 3K. Having thought about building one, I looked today at an engineering place in Melbourne that sells trailer kits. For a decent kit that covers all of my requirements i.e hydraulic disc brakes, wiring kit and jockey wheel, there was no change out of $1500 plus freight costs, then the price of the steel which I haven't sorted yet. plus the time to build and then paint, engineer and register. 3K seems pretty good, they musn't be making much money on these trailers.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 09:16:56 PM »

Try this colin,

diytrailerplans.com.au 
You can also convert an existing trailer pretty easily to a short tilt trailer with two front mounted shocks

regards

Weddo
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm not into building my own, thought I'd give the forum a go though. There are several places in Sydney on evilbay which I am going to look into. I reckon around 4-4.5k should get me a decent basic trailer. New, that is.

Colin.

colt
WIGGSFC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »

Hi colin there was a ad in the albury bordermail classifieds for a new tandem $3990 dont know if this helps check ad out on line.sounded good.regards browny
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: