FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:06:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: VAN (FC) FOR SALE .................SADLY !!!  (Read 21234 times)
vmx-mxr

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2010, 12:18:21 PM »

After all the fanfare and B/S of getting hold of the van I really wanted, I am (reluctantly) offering it for sale.

AS R/B said "how am I going to get my bike in the back"? and now having a straight and virtually rust free very straight EK ute as a hauler the van, as nice as it is, can't stay and having it outside will do it no favours either! If I had the space I would definitely keep it but fact remains I don't.

I've asked around and have set a base price of $7600 but am not wanting it to go on the evilbay circus yet to aim for more etc. so am putting it on here first for the true believers. I will only deal with serious inquiries and those who can be bothered to come and have a look. The van is in Sydney's Northwest.

The body is pretty fine and rust minimal , but for the following;
Slight waviness where moulding holes have been filled (with bog I suspect - and will confirm)
Small rust (bog 'repair') at the bottom of N/S dogleg, rest appears good but will not say more - YOU need to be the judge.
Two side windows have been fitted
Small rust at bottom of a pillar gutters
Wiring is a nightmare!
Original bench seat isn't fitted (has some other buckets - Commodore?)
Rear arches have been rolled and pumped (have seen better)
Bumper has shit (new) and already rusty chrome, ditto lower grill section - both will re-chrome OK
Average paint-job in acrylic

Car has the following with etc's.........
179 engine with electronic ignition, extractors and new exhaust, Holley 350 on Redline manifold, M20 driving through a Torana rear end. Runs but will need a tune
Thermo fan (can't remember the condition of radiator)
HR disc front end and VH40 booster
Hotwires with good to new rubber (love em or hate em - although they don't look too bad on the van I reckon) 14 rear, 13 front plus two other 14 with tyres and two 13 rims only
New rubbers throughout
Sports steering wheel
Still has firewall body plate intact.

Back interior is intact and OK. I managed to get a set of closing panels which were missing, along with a shop manual, and factory parts manual.

If YOU are genuinely interested please email me at vapourblasting@yahoo.com.au for contact details

Cheers

Dave Mac  Smiley
VAN059

Model: FC

Brisbane, QLD.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 09:04:18 AM »

It's a shame for you......., but the start of something good for someone else I guess.

Good luck with the sale, sounds a reasonable price as well, any pics?

Marc

Smokin Words and Shoutin Turds
vmx-mxr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 07:30:53 PM »

Hi Marc,

Thanks mate. I wish I was keeping it too as I know it will be hard finding another one but I just can't justify having it rot away outside and the ute is sooooooooooo good it got the nod and has already been 'attacked', lol !

I am hoping that an FC ute will follow the EK and I will take my time finding one, but that is 'into the future' stuff............

As soon as i get a moment I will attempt to get a pic on here and post it - do you have to put it on photo bucket first?

Cheers

Dave Mac  Smiley
cajerridoc
sa-club

Model: FE and FC

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »

You don't have to put photos on Photobucket. When posting you reply there is a black dot on the left with the words "Add image to post". Click that and browse to select your photo and it will download. Remember to click the "family safe" button. A small photo appears on your thread which can be opened to show the large one.

Robin

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
vmx-mxr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 07:20:57 PM »

Just a quick update to those waiting for a photo or two of the van.

Due to camera glitch I haven't got any done but do have a couple of crappy ones but can't see a black dot on here?

Where am I meant to look?

Dave (not a computer expert) Mac  Cheesy
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 08:25:52 PM »

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 09:37:42 PM »

The 'Add image to post' function is only visible to club members.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
vmx-mxr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 10:19:53 PM »

Thanks Ret

That explains it - I thought I was missing something !!!

I'll send the pics to the people who have asked me about the van.

Cheers

Dave
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 08:30:55 AM »

Dave,

How well do the bikes fit in the EK?

Currently hauling bikes using a rodeo, but considering getting an early ute to do the job.

do you need the gate down with the bikes in?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
lunatic leprechaun

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 06:00:41 PM »

is that the red one dave?Huh?
jim
vmx-mxr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 11:10:53 AM »

Hi Ed and Jim

Sorry for no replies but I have been on the EK forum not here.

The ute has the solid bar tail-gate stays which are pretty strong so I see no reason why a bike couldn't go in the back but am not even remotely at the hauling stage, lol! As we all had older utes back in the 70's with our bikes there is no reason we can't do it again, so I'm sure they are up to it.

Jim - it is the red van. We took some pics and I have been told that I can just put them on photobucket with a link?

Also I mentioned in the description that I had the closing panels but I do not - the ones which I thought would fit are for FB/EK which are different. Also I had a think about the price.$7600 start seems too high to me so $7000 is more realistic.

I'll get cracking on getting the photos up somewhere so anyone interested can have a look.

Cheers

Dave Mac  Smiley
lunatic leprechaun

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »

dave,
would the old photo's that were on here when you first bought it still be here?Huh thats  how i knew it was red. love that car mate
jim
vmx-mxr

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 11:46:55 PM »

Hello Jim

To be honest Jim - I have no idea Huh

Yeah the red car has got good potential - I have the photos we took and will try and do a photobucket download over the weekend

Cheers all

Dave mac
Roadhouse66

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 09:11:56 AM »

How much are looking to sell the Van for, and where are you located?
vmx-mxr

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 07:58:35 PM »

Hi All

If I have done things correctly (no guarantees) this link to photo-bucket should let you see some pics of the famous "red van";

http://s802.photobucket.com/albums/yy301/vmx-mxr/FC%20VAN/

Roadhouse - price is $7000 and I am still not sure if the rechromed tail-lights and bumperettes will be going onto my EK ute (obviously you would get the EK ones) The battery can be used to fire it up but it also stays as it a new battery for my ute.

You're right Jim - I reckon this old van has great potential. EKjimmy is still trying to convince me to keep it for a build next year!!!

Sorry for very lengthy delay in posting the pics - I hope they work?

Cheers

Dave Mac  Smiley
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 06:52:11 PM »

Grin

vmx-mxr

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 10:40:06 PM »

Thanks for posting the pics Hoony.

I'd be interested to know what some of you out there think of it.

Dave Mac  Smiley
Dave88

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 11:31:44 PM »

Dave,

I think you've described it openly and honestly - which has to be commended.
It looks like it has great potential and doesn't appear to need too much work (only to be expected with a car of this age) in readiness for daily driver duties either.
In my opinion, your price seems fair also. I'm sure you'd get some nibbles if you were to advertise it on ebay or the like

Smiley
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 06:07:54 PM »

Dave,
Can you post some pics of the rust?
Thanks,
ACE  Cool
vmx-mxr

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 10:19:32 PM »

Hi all - the van is SOLD .............

For all those who were showing some interest in the van I am sorry to say it is now officially sold (to a very good home I am happy and pleased to say)

I appreciate all the helpful comments and will continue to be a part of this forum if you will let an EK owner be a part of it. Since I was bitten by the bug last year everyone on the FE FC forum has been great and I won't rule out getting another FC in the future after a couple of EK's are finished.

Cheers

Dave Mac  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: