FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:51:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Wagon - Modified & LPG  (Read 18405 times)
Pete R

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »

Hi,

It's with regret that we've decided to sell "Effie". I bought her in 2002 and she was my daily drive until June last year - the heater core leaked, it was Winter and I decided to get something modern as a day to day vehicle. She's been in the shed since then and despite my good intentions life has been too busy to give her the attention I wanted. When I bought her the rebuild and major mods had been done. Someone had spent a lot of time (and money) and then seemed to rush it right at the end...bits would fall off at random!

Since I got her - The Aussie 4 speed died and was replaced by a Celica 5 speed. The diff was replaced by a rebuilt 3.08. Steering box was rebuilt. Dedicated LPG system fitted (Gas Reasearch Australia Carby) - the petrol tank and spare wheel section removed, a spare wheel section form a VS Commodore wagon fitted in it's place to accommodate a "donut" LPG tank. The radiator was replaced, a recovery system fitted and the whole cooling system gone over.

Here's some details -

"Warm" 186 (pulls like a train)
Celica 5 Speed
3.08 diff
HR Disc front end
HR rear end
VL (?) Calais front seats
Halogen headlights
Chassis kit
Rust removed and resprayed in 2 pack 18 months ago. She still hasn't been polished!  Cry

As I mentioned the car was my daily drive, so the engine bay is not pristine. She goes extremely well (like stink actually!) and is very reliable - apart from overheating issues after the LPG was fitted (and before the cooling system rebuild) she has never, ever let me down.
When I got her the front driver's side floor would flood in heavy rain - I took some pics and showed them on this forum and it seems that whoever built the car left a bolt out under the front RHS guard. The constant dampness caused a bit of the carpet to rot so this was cut out. There is some rust on a section of the floor because of this (shown in pics). Fixing this up, replacing the cut out carpet, cleaning and tidying the engine bay, trimming the rear cargo space were all things that I have intended to do - so I could show her with pride at the Holden Day at Clarendon!

Here's some pics -

It also comes with standard FC wheels and tyres, standard steering wheel, original heater and new larger replacement heater system and 4 Dragway mags. The car is garaged near Kurrajong NSW (I used to drive her to Windsor and back everyday - never taken her into the city)

It's a good, honest car. I was going to advertise it elsewhere for $12000 to allow some room for haggling, if someone here wants her we'll take $10000. I'd like to see her go to someone who can give her the attention she deserves. Trading/swapping for a later model Triumph Thruxton/Bonneville is also possible.

If you're interested contact me via PM or on (02) 4572 1771 home, (02) 4577 3355 work (ask for Pete). You can email me at pete@reynolds-valveart dot com dot au ( Wink )

Cheers,
Pete  Smiley

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 02:57:28 PM by Pete R » Logged
Pete R

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 04:16:23 PM »

Just a note - the car is not as white as it appears in most of the photos. It's actually more of a cream colour.

Pete  Smiley
crashbox

cruzin in the FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »

i have seen this car , and it is a good honest car, Smiley not a bogged up rust bucket,it was very clean proir to its repaint...how do i know because i was going to buy this car back in 2002  when it was for sale , pete beat me to it !...since then we have became mates and helped him out for spares/advice when he needed....
pete has offered me this car a few weeks back,as i always said if he was going to sell it i wanted first bite... i declined the offer, as a few weeks back i bought a caddy convertible that needs sum tlc,and  as at the moment  i have 7 cars on full nsw rego...(yeh crazy i know ..but ..its a addiction)....
if you are after a genuine car that can be driven everyday this is the car and worth a look.!!!!

"A GOOD HOLDEN IS A CRUZIN HOLDEN"
Pete R

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 08:49:13 PM »

Car is on hold for Amy & Fraser.

Pete  Smiley
amys

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 09:13:03 PM »

Thanks Pete, I'm so excited to have finally found my car !!!  Cheesy We'll be in touch Monday
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 10:00:27 PM »

Well done Amy - just over nine months to get one delivered and it will be just like a baby when you get it. Post a couple of pics of you guys getting it if you can.

P.
 Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
old59

nos is great

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 07:16:55 PM »

nice car does anyone have any history on it. It looks like a friend of mine way back in the early 80s
Pete R

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 08:58:49 PM »

Dragging all paperwork out for Amy...

The Enginners report on the rebuild is dated Oct 5, 1996. The owner's name on the report is not the person who owned the car when I purchased in 2002. However I believe the car is from the Hawkesbury area - both previous owners having lived there

Interesting - the odometer reading in 1996 was 08345 miles. When I got her it was 16,000 odd. Dunno how many times she's been around the clock...not that it matters anyway.

Pete  Smiley

amys

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 09:16:37 PM »

I am so excited! I'm sending hubby up on Saturday if that suits you (by plane) to check it all out and give you a deposit. I'll be home with the baby, very jealous that he gets to see Effie first!! All going well, we'll be up on the weekend of the 23/24 to pick it up (need a couple of weeks to organise the trailer)... baby's going on her first interstate road trip!!
Pete R

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 09:36:41 PM »

That's fine Amy! Email is on it's way...

Pete  Smiley
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 04:22:22 PM »

Nice One Amy!!!!
Very nice... and a great price too!!
Wish mine was like that! Cry
Nick

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
amys

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 09:18:37 PM »

Thanks Nick!

Flights are booked, can anyone recommend good and reasonably priced transport companies?
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 09:27:04 PM »

Try Toll. No recommendations so far but they turn up!
800 port to adelaide?

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
rat

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 07:02:34 PM »

from where to where
amys

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 07:21:56 PM »

Kurrajong NSW to Frankston VIC
rat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 07:38:45 PM »

i may b able to do it but not to the end of next week i am going to brizzy next week in the car carrier
amys

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 09:11:01 PM »

EFFIE IS HOME!!! I finally have my dream FC!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks soooooo much Pete!!!!
WIGGSFC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 09:19:23 PM »

congrates nothing better than getting that car you have always wanted enjoy it
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 09:32:08 PM »

Now, all we need are the proud as punch pics!!  Grin

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
fe-ambo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »

Cool..... bet you will be cruising all weekend.

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: