FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 27, 2024, 07:36:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: hadfield front end  (Read 6320 times)
splitty

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2010, 09:37:42 PM »

placed an order today for hr front end for sbc 350 to FC. After reading a few posts here,s hoping it all goes ok........................will be HQ stubs and something from Hoppers Stoppers too halt forward momentum
FCV08

Model: FC

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 10:20:58 PM »

I know there are some cirticisms but I think there are quiet a few of these fitted and work OK.

I am currently getting Rods Racks in Queensland to modify my HR frontend to suit 304 Inj V8. It will have a front mount R&P from a LH Torana.

Good luck with it.

Craig
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:55:38 AM »

I am also interested in the Rod's Racks setup so let me know how it goes Craig. Frieght is going to be the killer but if it is superior to the Hadfield setup then it will be worth it. Are you getting Rod to do your steering column too?. Cheers Jack.
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 11:12:15 AM »

Jack

Yes he is also doing the Steering Column. As I am intending to fit a FB Steering wheel for the deeper dish, I requested the column be a little shorter. Rod then advised that when he modifies the column he does make it a little shorter anyway so that the original FC steering wheel position is further away, as this is has been a common request in the past.

Regards

Craig
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 01:49:48 PM »

Whats the price comparison to the ones from moree??  not much change out of 5 grand for them.

Obviously a lot cheaper having your original front end but i really really hate my LH front mount rack.

If you buy a narrowed commodore one they are so much better than the front mount
Stewarts rods and customs in newcastle makes narrowed commodore racks with all the tie rod ends the lot no bump steer good turning circle.

i think  im going to bite the bullet and buy the moree one bigger tyres fit under narrower track better turning circle.
thats my 5cents worth anyway.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 12:53:24 AM »

Has anyone ever priced an LH/LX front end conversion?

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 06:44:20 AM »

They do look very good tho.

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 02:10:58 PM »

Craig,

Did you have to supply Rod with a Torana rack and a Commodore steering shaft (along with your HR front end), or can Rod supply them?

I am interested in a Rod's Rack also, more for the collapsible column. From memory, a Rod's Rack costs just over $1000?

Kind regards,

Josh

FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »

Josh

Yes I did have to supply additonal bits:

VH Commodore steering column for collapsible outer section and also for collapsible shaft.

HQ steering arms (Shorter ones i.e. HQ-HZ power steering 90-100mm between tie rod mount and first bolt hole)

Original FC Steering column outer.

LH Torana R&P.

Have a look on his website for any additional items needed.

Thanks Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: