FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 26, 2024, 07:23:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Firewall mods for webers/EFI  (Read 3955 times)
uppo44

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2010, 08:36:47 PM »

Hi
I have been building a new motor for my HB Torana but now i'm eyeing off the FC for a transplant.
My new motor has a J-Zed alloy head with EFI on a triple weber manifold. The throttle bodies are similar to webers 52mm. I have been looking all over this site trying to get a good picture or description of the firewall mods required. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Paul
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 09:04:20 PM »

Paul don't think anyone runs a Jz head on an FE FC  ???well not yet at least  Roll Eyes the location of the manifolds on one of Joe's heads is different from a 9 or 12 port Holden head that some members  run with Webers ...I know that the head with Webers will fit in an EH engine bay with only a little modifying  to the firewall as Joe's cousin had a head and Webers on his EH  think you may have to fit it up to see exactly what is required ...I am sure someone will have a shot of the engine bay with a set of Webers  as a starting point ........FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 07:50:59 PM »

i have just installed tripple dellortos on my red motor powered FE i had previoslly recessed thr fire wall 40 mm to fit tripple SUs 1 3/4. The dellortos fitted no problem but my manifold is a Lynx manifold with the outer two carburettors offset toward the centre of the motor. some Weber /Dellorto manifolds sit the caburettors centre of there inlet ports which would cause the rear carburettor to sit further to the rear of the motor requiring greater set back of the firewall around the rear carb and linkages
                    hope this helps Simon Addison
uppo44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 09:54:24 PM »

Any chance of a photo of your mods?

Cheers
Paul
simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 09:53:49 PM »

sorry i am a computer spastic photos are a little bit hard for me at the moment . but if your coming to the nationals your welcome to take some yourself. with a red motor sitting in the engine bay it really is a very easy job to measure the required recess you need to cut and weld . meanwhile ill try and work on my computer skills and see if i cant work how to upload photos
                        all the best Simon Addison
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 03:00:57 PM »

Simon, if i can do it, anyone can. Even videos
simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 09:57:31 PM »

ok i admit it im to lazy to read the photo posting directions and act upon it maybe after the nationals
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: