FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 02, 2024, 01:11:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Enamel  (Read 3197 times)
Ken's 57
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2010, 06:55:49 PM »

I'm getting ready to lift out my engine shortly. Had a lucky find at the Sydney swap-meet today with this lifting hook. Didn't spot it until the second time around the grounds. It's surprising what you can miss the first time.

Sorting out the paint for the engine hasn't gone so well however. I went into the auto paint shop at Emu Plains armed with the GMH Holden Grey code but was advised they do not stock engine enamel in bulk so they couldn't do a spray can. The salesman suggested Super Enamel as an alternative. Undecided I wasn't sure whether this is right so I came away empty handed. I'd prefer engine enamel simply because I know it will stand up to the heat. Am I on the money with this and should I just shop around or is Super Enamel OK? Also, would engine enamel be better for the generator and radiator or is this overkill? Thanks.

Cheers......Ken

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »

Nice score with the engine hook Ken

I got some the other day from Auto West paint in Regentville rd Penrith, I hope it's Engine Enamel cause it's on the engine now!

I think they call it GMH Engine Grey & they will mix it in a tin or a spray can, dosen't seem to go far in the spray can though, I needed about 2.5 cans

Cheers, Gary
Ken's 57
nsw-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 04:41:29 PM »

Thanks Gary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)