FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:49:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hav'n a go -59 FC Ute  (Read 247384 times)
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2013, 08:03:58 AM »

good job mate now enjoy.
brett
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2013, 03:04:22 PM »

Good one Wayne, it's been a long time coming.  Smiley Smiley
   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2013, 12:34:16 PM »

Thanks guys. Good to hear from you again Gary. Long time no see. I thought I was on a roll but alas more to go with the car. As an aside this is what my clever wife made for me for my birthday. Have been collecting the tools over a few years. This is called the Executive Tool Kit in Holden Colours of course.

Thanks again and hopefully the next time I post it will have some plates on it.

Regards

Wayne b

Chuck

Finished!

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »

Tool kit is brilliant, love it!

“So yes it has changed my life.  I can remember when I had a wife, a mortgage and a dog; I don’t have any 3 of those things any longer…”  Dr Gregory W Frazier
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2013, 07:11:07 PM »

Battery Isolator from England fitted. Still needs the bypass circuit otherwise very cool with a remote isolator.

This is the WEB address of the mob I purchased the isolator from. http://www.batterybrain.co.uk/productspage.php Gold with Remote Controls 24v (Type III - Retail PKT)

Not happy with the way the seat belt came off the rear bottom wall. Fitted one of these.

Eyebrow and Plates fitted

Out of hospital now. Don't have to go back for a year, remarkable really, the difference. 8 Month's from initial incident to diagnosis then operation.

Pete the radio speaker grills arrived while I was in hospital. They look fantastic.

I know I keep saying it but not long now. Got a bit of an overheating problem. Added an additional front electric fan today. Did not solve the problem. Temp measured 200 degrees at the radiator. Measured it with one of those laser themo guns. Very cool. Will have to have a deeper look next weekend.

Regards

Wayne b
Wasim

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2013, 07:43:02 PM »

I like the colour Wayne - very nice.

Regards, Wasim

South Australia
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 03, 2013, 09:30:59 PM »

Wayne

It looks great.
Must catch up soon.

Cheers
Craig D
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 03, 2013, 11:49:45 PM »

Yup, not long now and I will get to move another finished project to the completed section!

Good stuff!!

Phone +64 223509263
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2013, 12:18:39 PM »

Good to hear you're on the mend Wayne,  Smiley you must be so close to being finished now.
   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 07, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »

wow, nearly everyone has died lately or had operations on the threads I have read. These things are dangerous beasts bahahaha.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 07, 2013, 01:22:59 PM »

And another operation in a week or so. No chance of dying though. Grin - thank goodness. Car progressing slowly. During recuperation I am going to try and get it registered. Have solved the overheating problem..............I think. We will see.

regards and still kicking

Wayne b
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 07, 2013, 08:14:52 PM »

And another operation in a week or so. No chance of dying though. Grin -

regards and still kicking

Wayne b
Prob a good thing mate !!

fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 09, 2013, 12:29:50 PM »

Good to hear. These meds I am on seem to be working well so I will be getting back into it soon. Just gotta do stuff when the missus isn't around  Roll Eyes

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fink

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 14, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »

Nice Van you picked up Wayne,should look the goods behind the ute and a great color combo, Gaz!
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 15, 2013, 11:32:29 AM »

Yes Gaz very excited. Maybe home before Christmas. It is a 1959 Bondwood. Suddenly will have no room in the shed. Will post more images when I am on a decent computer.

Regards

Wayne b
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 21, 2014, 10:48:15 AM »

Been a while but could not solve the radiator problem. Decided to change over to the bigger EH. Some minor mods at the base to fit between the subframe (plus the cutting and shutting to the body). Relocated the electrics. The new SPAL fan now  sits off centre surrounded by an alley shroud. Looks the part. Thanks Haydn and Pete for the help.

The shroud misses air con compressor by 10mm. Very tight but it all works. Had car running for half an hour this morning and all seems fine.

Some very interesting learning on the heat problem.

Lesson learnt - put in bigger radiator at re-build stage, unless your complete stock off-course.

Now seriously considering giving engineer a call and get registered. Big step. Cant work out why I'm dragging the chain on that bit. Anyway it will happen.

Update on Caravan. Progressing on caravan rebuild or should I say pulling apart. Considering my FC build I don't think anyone expects me to have a standard rebuild. Will post photo's when some forward progress made. Some of you may have spotted beefing up the electrics for the caravan in beside the battery.

Regards

Wayne b
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 21, 2014, 01:34:36 PM »

Looking really good Wayne. 

Don't drag the chain - get it registered and you can be driving around like me with a stupid grin on your face.  I haven't been out of mine since it got on the road  Grin Grin Grin 

Just doing all the little detail type jobs now, in between driving of course...

Cheers, Graeme
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »

From 14/03/2008 to 11/08/2014 what a journey. I am pleased announce that the ute is now registered with the necessary blue tag for brakes, bucket seats, gear box and HR front end. There are so many people I want to thank and I'm sure I will forget someone.

Haydn without whom this build would not have happened, thanks.

Pete for all the little things I just could not get. Ken for those awkward parts "in his stash" out the back. Jim, FC White (Craig, can't get used to the new handle), NES, Wassim, Ratmatt, HARV, FE 4 ME, JB, RET, fe350chev  and BLOK for their continual encouragement over the years. Pedro for his inspirational build just so happening at the same time as mine.

And a big thanks to the rest of the FE-FC Family for their kind words, idea's and suggestions. Words cannot express my gratitude and sheer delight at being a part of this wonderful group of people.

Still need to do some things on the ute but will leave that for another day.

Regards

Wayne b

JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 11, 2014, 12:28:52 PM »

Congratulations Wayne.  The ute looks sensational and you should be very proud of it.  Hope you get many many miles of driving pleasure from it, just like I am doing with JOX515.

Cheers, Graeme
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 11, 2014, 03:59:35 PM »

Congrats on the Blue Plate. Now just enjoy the driving!  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Cheers Stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up