FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 02:27:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mounting Problem  (Read 3823 times)
Hobbo

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2009, 11:04:31 PM »

Undecided Hi Dudes, the HR front end I'm putting into my FE is out of an EH which I think was modified to fit, the question is where do I fit the engine mount saddles when I cut them to suit the FE now? I'm keeping the original grey box.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 08:58:13 AM »

Hobbo if the HR front was modified to suit an EH the engine mounts should already be in the correct location for the FE .......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Hobbo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 07:11:08 PM »

Cool OK, thanks for that, thats one thing I don't have to do.
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 07:30:32 PM »

i think you'll find EH is still a little bit to far forward, but maybe not when using stock gearbox though
i'm basing what i'm saying on fitting an EH kingpin front in an EK and the stock EH mounts were too far forward by about 10-15 mil
Hobbo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 12:37:49 AM »

Shocked OH? I had a guy who said it would have to be moved to suit the FE from EH?, can anyone else remember for sure?
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 08:43:32 AM »

Sorry to hijack the thread guys but I have the same question as to where the mounts go as I have to take them from the original spot and move them on my HR front end so a photo and measurements would be fantastic for future reference for all members doing this conversion.

cheers Jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 10:43:52 AM »

The best way to do it is to slip the engine and crossmember in, tack the mounts into place then drop the crossmember and weld it, that way you know they are going to be exactly where they are supposed to be.
     Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 11:00:49 AM »

Just like Pedro said,,,, and you can use the side mounts with the grey gearbox  to get a location easy job to do .....FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Hobbo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 11:04:50 AM »

Cool That looks like the way we will have to go, just didn't want to cut off the saddles only to find I they were in the right position in the first place. If it ain't right I'll have to cut saddles in the engine bay......bugger! Oh well you get that.
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 02:22:37 PM »

The best way to do it is to slip the engine and crossmember in, tack the mounts into place then drop the crossmember and weld it, that way you know they are going to be exactly where they are supposed to be.
     Pedro

especially if yor using the gray box/rear mounts

when i do them for FB/EK i actually hang them off the back of the front end a little, kinda opposite to what they are in HR they hang a little off the front of the crossmember
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: