FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 04:25:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: what bucket seats for a fc with v6 tunnel  (Read 3030 times)
aussieute

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2009, 02:07:20 AM »

hi am removing the bench seat in my fc what buckets are best to use with a v6 hump and do you have to build any kind of frame for the seats to sit on any help thanks john ps am getting older so need something soft for the rear end to sit on 
GM

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 05:51:49 AM »

I had camry seats in my ute. Had to make and weld in mounts, but you will have to for any bucket seats. The panel van I bought of Jason has commodore buckets fitted.
                Cheers Glenn

Upon the hill there stood a cow.
It must have moved, It's not there now.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 08:56:37 AM »

IMHO so they don't stick out like a sore thumb, HR Buckets are good (if you can afford them) or maybe something chunky like from the H series holdens.

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:38:39 PM »

Aussieute,

As you've got a V6 tunnel, I'm assuming that you're going down the V6 route. If so, I am certain that your seats will need to have headrests (although I could be wrong - best check with your engineer).

As previously mentioned, you're going to have to weld in mounts whatever buckets you decide to run. 

My rule of thumb re: choosing seats is to ensure that the shoulder of the seat sits below the windowline of the car - it just looks better in my opinion. You may have luck with early Japanese cars - Datsuns, Mazdas, etc. Early Beetle seats would look good too. Commodore seats are too high and HR/HK/HT/HG bucket seats are too square (again, in my opinion).

I have been looking for a pair of lowback buckets for a while and had my heart set of a pair out of an Isuzu Bellett. They look great, but finding a pair has been difficult, so I am going to slot in a pair from an Austin A40 (which I have).

Kind regards,

Ol_Girl_58
aussieute

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 08:21:55 PM »

thank you all for the help  john
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 08:24:19 PM »

ive got a set of eh buckets going into a ek ute im building