FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 02:16:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: old holdens rusting in a paddock  (Read 10223 times)
HAMFIST

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2009, 03:26:16 AM »

i was at this yard on saturday just gone and the cars are all still there but a few are being taken to get restored and the bloke whos owns them is actully restoring them one at a time and he has alot of nice old holdens he has restored here are my pics:

HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 03:35:37 AM »

oh and i forgot to add after speaking to the bloke who has these car he said all the car that wernt crashed where driven into the yard no joke and the eh ute is an old police car and has a 179 hp motor in it and was said to be a good runner i was just amazed.
collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 10:12:43 AM »

Looks like Dudleys place out kapunda way,its funny but every time we go there, always find something new and useful,good place for stainless bits that are hard to get.theres been alot of photos posted of this place over the years.
cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »

the bloke whos owns them is actully restoring them one at a time

That Charger will be a bit of a challenge Grin Grin

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 11:49:35 PM »

Hmmm...Scott and I and probably a few others know this yard well.As for the old bloke doing these up one at a time,It's a nice thought.Dudley is a great old bloke but sadly these cars are rotting into the ground day by day.It is a good day out even if you just walk around this yard for a few hours,but also depressing.....Maybe I'm just getting old....or older....Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 01:33:04 AM »

i know its amzing how fast some of the cars are rusting away and every time i go i see less and less cars witch is good it means people are restoring them or using the parts to restor other cars and iam very happy he did scrap any of them when the scrape prices were really high like other wreckers i know of
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 09:44:26 AM »

Well we now know where a high percentage of FE and FC's ended up and why the FE and FC model is getting rarer by the day.
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 08:38:53 PM »

I have the grille out of the one in the last photo.There are still good parts out there but be prepared to pay for them,after all these parts are getting a bit thin on the ground these days and have to be worth something.Dudley is a top bloke and is always good for a chat.He's got plenty of stories.I always enjoy going to see him and his generosity has helped me to get the Black FC to where it is today (that's also where I bought it from).Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »

I have the grille out of the one in the last photo.There are still good parts out there but be prepared to pay for them,after all these parts are getting a bit thin on the ground these days and have to be worth something.Dudley is a top bloke and is always good for a chat.He's got plenty of stories.I always enjoy going to see him and his generosity has helped me to get the Black FC to where it is today (that's also where I bought it from).Jamie.

i thort that your car looked familer haha!! i knew id seen it somewhere before
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: