FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 26, 2024, 02:27:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: my new project  (Read 116759 times)
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2010, 02:06:50 AM »

alrighty people and after an apsalute tonne of pondering and wondering wat i have todo to keep it ive been able to work somthing out so that i can keep it iam very happy about that so people no more worrying
fe-ambo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2010, 08:06:36 AM »

I am pleased that you have found a corner to store the FE until circumstances change for yourself.

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
maybeonedayillgetanFC

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2010, 02:25:37 PM »

XA/B/C sedans utes coupes vans yes but an ugly boxy unfairlane i doubt it, only certain body types and special vehicles become collectable - ok maybe when there is nothing left to restore they maybe worth more than scrap value.

im not sure if i'd go that far ...
when was the last time you saw a 351 ZH Fairlane for sale? for years they have been used as donor cars and now they are somewhat scarcer that an EH, i'd even go close to say its easier to get an FC in fair, restorable condition that it is to get any "K" Coded Fairlane form 1969-1977.
all you have to do is look at past and current sales and availability, years ago ZC & ZD Fairlanes could not be given away, now, $30k is medium level for a good one, excellent ones are fetching more and rugged ones are $12k-15k, i reckon you get a rippa FC for that sort of money...
granted, the ZH is not the most popular, but when they are in as good condition as the one "hamfist" has, you can do nothing but appreciate the car for what it is, because if you have driven a good one, you wount want to get back into a GM product of the same era, i will and can asurre you of that, and thats coming from me, and staunch GM man!
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2010, 03:55:23 PM »

i think thats true my fairlane is amazing to drive and inside its so comfy the arm chair electric seats are awesome but i still prefer old holdens and yesterday ive got myself 4 rust free doors for the EH and a mint radiator so its coming along well Grin
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2010, 02:34:24 AM »

Are you gunna stick up a few pics of the EH resto as well?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2010, 03:41:25 AM »

Are you gunna stick up a few pics of the EH resto as well?
yes yes ill proberly make it my FE and EH thread. and did some paint removel and the drivers quarter panel and it has no rust at all very happy with the EH will put up some pics of the progress of the EH on friday!!
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2010, 09:51:07 AM »

Another early night to bed I see Hamfist.   Tongue

hrpremier

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2010, 02:37:41 PM »

yes always in bed early!! but yer when its stupidly hot here in adelaide i ushally go up to the shed and work at night and dont tend to get back till quite late hahhaha
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2010, 02:48:48 PM »

all righty i can finerlly show some pics of how the EH is going ive got more pics but so far ive taking the 2mm think paint of the rear quarters to discover no saprises  Grin and did the drivers quarter i thort there was some rust but nope nothing and got the 2 left doors fitted and when my gaurds come in from rarespares itll have a face again!! and yes iam going fibreglass gaurds cos to get crappy gaurds fixed to only rust out again it is about the same as a fibreglass gaurd that will never rust!! and tommorrow iam out getting the 2 right doors for it as i couldnt fit them in the car in one go Undecided and that weird green thing is sort of the colour iam thinking of doing the EH!!! mayby with a touch less flake in it

Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 08, 2010, 12:32:31 AM »

That green with a pearl white roof could be interesting....

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2010, 01:41:32 AM »

yet another late night at the shed!!! test fitted the tailshaft to check for length to see how much it needs to be shortend and ground of all the paint on the sill and door and started on straightening the edge that has been crushed but good news the door is rust free!!

and thort id take a pic of the muffler lol!!

maybeonedayillgetanFC

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2010, 09:36:21 AM »

mate,

i wish i had even an 1/8 of your enthusiasm..
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »

got my fiberglass guard today i have to wait till early feb cos they didn't have any left guards in stock but for $425 its money well spent they look GREAT!!!!!!!! and iam still struggling to come to terms with how little rust is in this EH!!!
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2010, 07:25:37 PM »

I've always wondered about the fibreglass panels and how they would fail to help in the event of an accident Huh

On another note I glad to see you have opened a shed on another site im sure most of us are members of, to keep us up todate on the eh progress.

Jase

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2010, 03:15:19 AM »

fitted up the fiberglass guard and it actually to my surprise fitted really quite well and changed the 2 left doors and ground of all the surface rust and etch primed them and ground of all the paint on the sill while i was at it aswell

HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2010, 03:47:21 AM »

i hope iam allowed to show progress of my EH and after its done witch should be soon ill be straight back into the FE again iam hoping to send the Y frames to the sandblasters soon so some progress can be made Grin
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2010, 05:23:22 AM »

Who am I? Well, nobody - buts it ok by me!!  Grin

grey58fc

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2010, 04:37:39 PM »

HAMFIST!
you are an inspiration to us all! hahaha ive been tryin to get my 58 holden lookin straight for about 7 moinths, and i reckon youve done the same 8if not more in the same time as ive struggle thru it! i need get my ass into gear and hit the shed i reckon!
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2010, 03:01:30 AM »

cheers for all the positive comments Grin and i didnt get that much done tonight becos i was helping my bro work on his falcon but i still managed to get the front and rear windows out and pulled some other stuff apart and found some rust hiding under the rear window witch i knew was there but ill fix that when its not over 40 each day

fe-ambo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2010, 05:51:15 AM »

I cant believe the progress you have made already on the EH. Well done. As many people before me have commented on, I dont know how you do it.
The rust in the rear window is a bit of a surprise considering how the rest of the car is rust free. Knowing you by the time I finish writing this post you would have already achieved it.
Cheers
paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: