FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 20, 2024, 09:50:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: bailey/pillar channels  (Read 3024 times)
Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2009, 07:06:17 PM »

hi everyone, I need to replace all the felt bailey channels in all doors in my fc and I see rares have them as a door kit.
They are about 79 bucks per door, does anyone know if that kit is actually what I'm after ? the rares description shows 2 pieces in the photo where what I need is actually 5 pieces all of which have the chrome edging. Thanks Gary C
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:59:58 PM »

Gary,

I just purchased these also and the long & the short of it is  Roll Eyes

the long & the short pieces are for the top & 2 sides (you have to cut the long one)  Undecided

these are called the Bailey channel

Then.... you have to also buy what they call the door belts, and just to confound you they are 1 to a pack but you need 2 per door!

Why they don't put them all in one pack & save you some dosh on packaging is a mystery to me, as I can't see why anyone would only want to buy half or a third of a kit   Huh Huh

Good luck with it, & be careful with the door belts, make sure the little bullet clips are clamped tight to the strip, otherwise if they stick out too far they will scratch your glass when you wind up the window as happened to me.

Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 12:14:19 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Zulu,,I figured as much! trouble is what do I do now?
ownfc59
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 02:43:53 PM »

Just another thing I discovered with the Rare Spares door belts is that the bullet clips themselves don't sit that well in the holes in the door & are prone to coming loose when the window is wound up or down.  The bullet clips on the Rare Spares belts are in three parts, whereas the original has a 2 part bullet section which seems to fit more snugly & firmly into the holes.
It you have the old door belts I would suggest removing the clips from them & replacing the ones on your Rare Spares belts.
And as Zulu mentioned, be careful the clips are given a gentle squeeze with some pliers so they don't scratch your glass!

The belts are hard to install without scratching or chipping the paintwork on your doors.  It's a bit time consuming, but I found it easiest to remove the door skin, undo the window winding mechanism so the glass drops down out of the way & then you can just clip the door belts on without scarfing up your paintwork.  Only trouble is, then you have to put it all back together again!  Good news is, you only have to do it 4 times ( or 2 if you have a ute.)  Grin
Cheers,
Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: