FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 06:36:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pivot pins/bolts  (Read 1961 times)
Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2009, 02:45:16 PM »

Hi all, I purchased a second hand steering knuckle and support for my 59 fc and just found out it is different to the old one. The upper pivot pin is th same size as the lower where as mine has a smaller dia upper pivot pin. Also the steering knuckle has no thread in the top 2 holes for the attaching bolts.Obviously a different part.  The eccentric bush from the old knuckle support does fit in the new one, and I probably could get bolts and nuts to attach. I also need to replace king pins and bushes so does anybody know if the king pins and bushes would be the same for the two different steering knuckles and support or would it be better to just start again and try to purchase the correct part rather than have two different steering knuckles.Thanks Gary C
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 06:13:57 PM »

The new one you have is FB EK - the king pin is different to FE FC, along with the upper pivot and the bolt arrangement you describe.
I think it's probably better to get the right one now so that the car is all correct - might save trouble for the next person who has to work on the king pins Tongue

Ken
Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »

Thanks Ken, I thought as much ,I actualy had all this gear stacked in my suitcase when I returned home from Perth so it has again been another misadventure.I know rares offer exchange steering knuckle and support with new king pins etc but I only have one that would be acceptable for exchange (only guessing) so if anybody has both left and right steering knuckles and supports with new bushes and king pins I'm keen. Probably not the right place to ask for gear but Im running out of options. Thanks Gary C
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: