FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 08:26:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newby FE Owner from SA  (Read 3120 times)
Hobbo

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:23:36 PM »

Hi Guys and Gals, I have just purchased an FE Special Sedan, I Live in Tea Tree Gully area in Adelaide, I bought our FE from the Riverland in Fair Original Condition, I drove it onto the car trailer and yesterday I got it re-go.ed no problems. We are also part of the Chrysler's Restorers Club and Own a 1929 Sedan, and also part of the Pajero Club of Vic. Our FE Sedan is in need of Lots of TLC but drives Good considering. I have some Tech Questions and will direct them elsewhere on the Forum. First thing I am doing is checking all roadworthy issues and driving it to have RHF Guard Lower Rust Panel welded in as it is flapping in the wind at the moment. It is original White/Grey with Grey Roof and Red? and White? interior. Motor is Smokey but starts and runs OK. Gearbox, Clutch, and Diff are OK. But As usual Front End is in need of Major work. We hope to restore the FE to Original Condition. Also hope to meet up with other FE/FC owners in Adelaide and Attend Runs and Meetings too.
spybo

Retrotech's the way to go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:37:50 PM »

Hey Hobbo
This car...was it near ??Waikerie/Barmera....I remeber one like this when I worked in the area 21 years ago.....regular driver in good nick back then....
Hobbo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 09:21:58 AM »

Hi, No this FE was originally in a Yard in the Mallala Area in SA then transported to Berri all in the last 12 Mths. I'm undecided whether to put it back to Stock Standard or Customise it with HR Disc Brake Front End, 138 Red Motor, Trimatic and 2:78 Cruising Diff? As the Motor is Smokey and Front End is Shot. How do I Post Pictures on this Forum?
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 06:18:11 PM »

Hi Hobbo, welcome to the forum.

The HR F/E is more or less a bolt-on proposition, but getting a trimatic under the stock tunnel requires some serious surgery, and - at least in NSW - engineer's report. Don't know what the laws are in SA, but over here the 2250 is a pretty friendless unit.

Details on posting photos can be found here, and you can verify the details on your ID plate here. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 11:23:20 PM »

G'day Hobbo and welcome to the world of FEs and FCs.

When you come into this website you're confronted with the map of Australia. Point and click on SA on the map and it will take you to the SA section of the site.  Select the "Contact Us" tab for contact details and meeting info.  Except that the meeting info has no time:  Meetings begin at 8:00pm, but a lot of members are there from before 7:30 onwards to talk cars, etc.

Next meeting is Tuesday 6th October.  I won't be there, but rock up, make yourself known - ask for Kathy, the secretary - and you'll get looked after.  Take your FE if possible - everybody likes to look over a new car.

Best wishes

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Hobbo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 06:37:16 AM »

Thanks Martin, thats great. I was thinking of catching up on other FE/FC owners and having a chat about Meetings, Runs, Shows etc. I'll try to get my FE roadworthy and drive it there if I can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: