FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 12:15:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Car Bra  (Read 7201 times)
Sam Muscat

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2009, 10:22:57 PM »

Hi just wondering if anyone has a car bra on there FC, I am interesting in purchasing one just like to know what they are like and how it fits before I do. If someone has any photos they could email me that would be great.

Thanks
Sam
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:36:11 PM »

Plenty of FE and FC's with car bras - they fit well and do the job - I have photos that I would have to scan - I'm sure that there must be photos already on the forum somewhere

Ken
REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 10:11:56 AM »

you mean like this

Red

1959 FC Holden Ute
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 10:58:42 AM »

Nice pair of headlights. Altezza, maybe?

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »

You can tell it is daylight..........no high beam Grin
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »

We want the night .... We want the night .......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Sam Muscat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 09:05:53 PM »

Thanks everyone for the replies, even though I don't think I will be able to get a car bra like the one in the photo (I wish).  But if anyone dooes have any photos of there FC with a carbra that would be great.  I have been in touch with car bra Australia in Melbourne and they have told me that they have made one for an FC and emailed me a photo, but it is not a real good close up photo.  I would like to talk to someone who has one before I purchase one.
Thanks,
Sam
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 10:15:53 PM »

Hi Sam.

I have used Car Bra Australia on two occassions.  The First was for my VY SS Commodore Ute.  I went and picked it up from Melbourne, as I was from country Sth Australia.  They took the time and showed me how to fit it properly and were very good to deal with.  The fitment of the bra to the vehicle was spot on.  I was so impressed with tehm I got a bra mamde up for my restored HR Premier.  This time I dealt with them over the phone and again was very happy with the service.  The only thing was I stated I had overriders and tried to explain where they were placed on the front bumper bar and when I got the bra in the post i found I have to move the overriders in towards the centre of the bar for the car bra to fit.  As you would presume where people have these situated on their car various quite a bit so I was not to concerned about having to adjust them when I go on long trips.

On saying this I have heard people say bras do more damage to piantwork than running the risk of the odd stone chip.  I believe if they are clean and free of grit and debris they are a good investment.

Hope this was of some assistance but like I said very professional to deal with and both cars were a good snug and tight fit not allowing a lot of "Slap from the carbra to damage any paintwork.

Regards

Jase
hrpremier

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 11:30:12 PM »

Hi sam

If you have a look in the latest Street Machine magazine the have an article about a product called cardom
What it is its a paste that you roll on and as it dries it goes like gladwrap its clear you can put it on the hole car if you need its clear so you can still see the paint and when you finish you just peel it of just another idea to look at

Cheers Damo58

Iam good just ask me Smiley
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 09:24:21 PM »

g'day sam

i dont know how to do them linky things

look at surferboys Nats Diary near the end of page 1

Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
Sam Muscat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 09:56:32 PM »

can't find what you mean surfboy
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 08:19:32 AM »

Hi
 I have a CAR Bra for my car I use when I do long trips and find it really good I brought mine from VIC They fit very good. Would recommend.
WAYNE
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 09:27:40 PM »

Here is the pic Surferboy was refering to on his post.
This is the car bra on Wayne's car.

Regards
Alex

Sam Muscat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 09:54:44 PM »

Thank you to all that replied and to Wayne for the information he gave me over the phone today, much appreciated.
Looks like I will be investing in a car bra very soon.
Sam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: