FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:10:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Help for HJ Kingswood  (Read 2453 times)
Nick_McClaren

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2003, 03:52:42 PM »

Hi,
Can someone either help me with a query about a 1976 HJ Kingswood or direct me to a site that may assist with the following query?

I am working on replacing the auto transmission on my daughter's 1976 Kingswood. I have placed the torque converter into the transmission (bell) housing and ensured the converter is located properly on the shaft. I have also bolted the transmission (bell) housing to the crankcase housing, since the motor (a Red 202) is already mounted on its engine mounts (ie, in the engine bay).

If I insert the 3 bolts through the fly-wheel and torque coverter "brackets", and tighten them, they will pull the torque converter forward about a quarter of an inch. I think this will mean that the torque converter is no longer properly located within the transmission housing and will not be located properly on the shaft?Huh

What have I done wrong? What should I do?
Can someone please help or sirect me to some one who can???
Thanks, Nick.

FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2003, 09:21:21 PM »

Nick
   When installing the torque converter into the box it should click in 3 times as you push & turn it. Once the torque converter is in properly you pull it forward about 10mm to the flex plate and bolt it up. If you have done all that correctlly and it still won't engage in gear check the trans fluid as the torque converter will take a lot to fill if it was drained.
hope this helps
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
NIck McClaren
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 03:15:39 AM »

Thanks for this information, Glenn. I'll give it a try. Nick.
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2003, 04:24:32 AM »

Hi Nick, i normally bolt the whole box and dice up in one hit.(no pun intended)CHEERS   BRAD

1959 Black Std sedan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: