FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 02:16:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: car i.d.  (Read 1860 times)
ashfe

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2009, 10:55:38 PM »

iis info correct were there some cars manufactured in adelaide and assembled in melbourne

body no.  FE-225-21846-A
trim no.   234-474
paint no. 253-7693
rpo         253-7700

chassis no.  719218m  left hand inner gaurd

does anyone hav a picture of car in these colours i was always under the impresion car was white with red roof origanally
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:29:20 AM »

Ash, there certainly were. Adelaide was the primary manufacturing plant at the start of FE along with the Sydney plant and then the Melbourne plant coming on line soon after. Adelaide built body shells not only supplied the SA market but were shipped to Perth and Melbourne plants as well, I have records of them being assembled at Brisbane also and I wouldn't be surprised if some ended up in Sydney too when the need arose.
Even after the Melbourne plant was established, Adelaide built shells keep on appearing through 1957 (such as yours) as the Melbourne supply could not meet demand. The Adelaide market was very small in comparison with the East coast requirements.

An example is a car made probably on the same day as yours whose details are as follows
FE - 225 - 21884 A
4 - 582
253 - 6258
7 - 4962 P

So your car is in fact Granite Grey over Sky Grey with a Cobweb Grey & Parchment Ivory interior. Some good pics are available on the Vic website - search Gallery - Cora Lynn and look for a FE towing a van with reg number OUR FE. It is identical to how yours would have looked and there are good shots from different angles.

Ken

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: