FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 06:16:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Require Car trailer hire - SA (kinda urgent)  (Read 2934 times)
stapla

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2009, 08:27:30 PM »

Hi all,

Due to sudden ill health of my grandad and the promise I made to restore the family 1 owner FC -- i require the loan / hire of a car trailer in SA this weekend. 

I hope to pickup the vehicle over the easter break and then return to adelaide to start what I hope will be a resonably quick restoration (heres hoping). 

Only problem is the car is in wagga, nsw - about a 2000km round trip.  So looking for a trailer that is in good nick I can use for 4 or 5 days.  As far as I know, most hire companys won't let you take a trailer interstate.

Obviously relevant security bond etc would be sorted. 

Would appreciate any assistance I can get from the early holden supporters.

Once its back in SA - i will also need a point in the right direction to get a new floor installed, and paint / panel work done.

Cheers
Peter.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 08:35:49 PM »

Try this guy for the trailer - Peters clean up & go trailers, 0402053501
I am not sure what his interstate policy is though, I have seen the trailer venture to the far east though  Wink
Very reasonable rates too. Otherwise Cookes trailer hire would be the next option.
As for paint and panel, try chatting to Cameron at Mullers Road Crash Repairs, he owns a tidy EK himself so knows his way around an old holden.

stapla

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 09:19:07 PM »

thanks for the info. 

have left a message on peter's clean up and go mobile.

Easter is pretty busy, so fingers crossed I can get a trailer organised.

Even looked at buying one, but can't find much for sale at the moment.

Cheers
Peter.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 10:35:31 PM »

Call him back, he's not too good with returning messages, between 5 and 6pm seems to be the best times.

Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 10:39:42 AM »

I have family in Wagga as well - (where is your mob located?) - is there a national group that you can just drive one way from Wagga back to Adelaide? I was thinking that it may also be quicker and cheaper to get a carrier to bring it down - or does it need extracting from a shed and sorting out loading etc.?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
stapla

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »

I have family in Wagga as well - (where is your mob located?) - is there a national group that you can just drive one way from Wagga back to Adelaide? I was thinking that it may also be quicker and cheaper to get a carrier to bring it down - or does it need extracting from a shed and sorting out loading etc.?

Thanks for your tips.  Relatives and car is located @ uranquinty, and also some @ ashmont.  Wagga's my home town, but haven't lived their for last 20years.

I need to make the trip anyway so I can check on the health of the relative.  Also the motor has been removed due to a stuck clutch so a carrier isn't going to work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: