FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:01:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Auto in FC  (Read 3371 times)
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2002, 02:57:35 AM »

Hello All Cheesy
I seem to remember seeing in one of the posts that someone had fitted a trimatic in an FC without modifying the floor.  Huh

Is it possible to fit the trimatic without chopping the floor up? Huh

Looking forwarded to the answers
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2002, 09:22:09 PM »

Hi John,
I've helped fit a Trimatic in two FC's now & all that is needed is a little massaging of the floor near the original inspection plate. This gives the tranny a little extra room to move.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
Craig Dickinson
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2002, 01:48:52 AM »

Could anyone please tell me what rear mount / cross member you are using when fitting the auto. My FC has a custom (home made) cross member to suit the 3spd syncro box that is currently fitted, this was fitted before I purchased the vehicle. The floor has already been modified but the existing cross member doesn't leave enough clearence for the trimatic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2002, 11:34:05 AM »

You will need to fit a chassis kit to have any hope of getting an engineer to pass this conversion as the floor is not strong enough to hang the rear mount off, and the old crossmember is too far forward to use as well.
Trying to keep the original floor is nice in the short term but the following is what I have done.
EK hydromatic front floor welded in which has as part of its structure a chassis which runs down the side of the tunnel which you can use for the trans mount.
The bigger floor hump area allows much more room to install and replace bolts if you ever have to replace the trans.
also more room for linkage installation and movement as well as speedometer cable and kickdown vaccuum pipeline etc.
You can use the original floor but there are limitations in the long run.

Ken
Craig Dickinson
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2002, 07:44:11 AM »

Thanks for the info, at the moment the car is being used just about every weekend so unless I can fit the auto without having to replace the front floor it may have to wait a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: