FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:34:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tell Tales (metered)  (Read 3307 times)
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2002, 10:00:57 PM »

On sifting threw a pile of FE/FC stuff I found a set of tell Tale gauges, But they are different to the typical type, these are metered , all 3 have needle guages not just a small light, Are these a Nasco accesory , as they are not listed, this is the panel van they were in FC2104 9659 A..TRIM 351 652  PAINT256 2031   TOP 333. Where they factory fitted , as I have all the fittings as well, and they appear so.   Any info about these telltales , will be much appreciated . Also a rough guide to the availability/ price of same?      THANKS SLIM ....   Its amazing what you find when you look  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 01:20:04 AM »

Slim,

They're not a Nasco accessory, but were made by Wilson Manufacturing.  They're known as a "Wilsonia Guage", and there is a pic and information about them in our Accessory section.

As far as value is concerned, they originally sold for a bit over 7 pounds, so I'll give you $20 for it. Sound fair?  Didn't think you'd go for that.  They're worth what someone will pay for them, but I've seen them go for $200.  Depends upon condition, yada yada.

That "333" code means the tailgate glass was factory fitted, FWIW.  Punch all the numbers into the ID plate page and see what it tells you.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 04:30:23 AM »

Thanks gents just had a look in the tech section and found the Wilsonia guages bit, to answer a few of my questions, much appreciated    SLIM Shocked Shocked Shocked

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2002, 10:54:26 AM »

Slim - yours sound very interesting if all 3 are guages!
The normal common garden variety Wilsonia guage that you could buy in most milk bars in 1959 has a amp guage, a temp light and a oil pressure guage.
I have never seen one with all 3 guages - can you confirm that yours actually has 3 guages

Ken
slim
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2002, 11:29:01 AM »

I will check tomorrow, but I think you are correct Smiley I may have been a little excited about finding them for my van Cheesy Will get back to you ,          SLIM        Just checked it out , it has 2 gauges and a light in the middle, so yes mate you are correct Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: November 19, 2002, 11:17:10 PM by slim » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: