FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 06:23:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ACT club turns 21  (Read 6169 times)
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2008, 01:31:12 PM »

Friday 11 April 2008 is the 21st birthday of the FE-HR Holden Owners Club of the ACT.  We are celebrating with a dinner on Saturday night, and later in the year a joint run with the Vic club as it also reaches a milestone.

Our president Graham Pryce is a founding member of the club and our only Life Member.  He has done great service over all the years of the club's existence, and continues to do so.  Thanks GP.

Thanks also to all the others who have helped to nurture the club across the years so that the current members can enjoy the benefits of a well set up and run club.

Here's to a great future for the club - as we preserve and enjoy the glorious Holden motor cars that we love to work on, talk about, polish, show and drive.

Cheers
David

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 04:12:15 PM »

Congratulations to the ACT Club on reaching such a milestone. I'm sorry I can't be at the dinner on the weekend, and on behalf of the NSW Club, all the best for the occasion. Have one for me.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 04:33:48 PM »

Well done to the ACT club.  Hope you all have a great night.  Looking forward to our 2 clubs getting together later this year in Echuca to help celebrate both our clubs 21st birthdays. On behalf of the Vic club, congratulations.
Cheers,
 Tony,
leon

My FC Business Sedan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 06:38:06 PM »

Happy 21st birthday to such a friendly and great club.
You must be very proud Graham, Tim, and others, congratulations. Wink
Regards.
Leon
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 09:18:24 PM »

Happy 21st ACT.  Hope you all enjoy your party on Saturday night!  Here's wishing the Club, it's members and their cars go on to enjoy at least another 21 years!  Grin
Congratulations from

John & Kathi Cool

NosFEratu
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 10:39:45 PM »

Happy 21st guys. Its a great milestone, have a great time sorry I can't make it. Mount Gambier has left a hole in my wallet. Also congrats to Graham for his and others hard work in making your club so successful.
Cheers,
Graham
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »

Thanks for the well-wishes everybody, I'm really looking forward to a great time on Saturday night. We have 64 guests attending, travelling from as far away as Brisbane!

Incidentally, my EH sedan (some of you will know it) is the only car that has been in the club the whole 21 years  Shocked. I drove it to the formation meeting in April 1987, and it has been at many, many club events since, both local and interstate (I actually purchased the car in 1985).

Thanks again & I look forward to many more fun years in the Club.

Cheers,

Graham  Smiley
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 11:23:18 AM »

ACT Club

How did the 21st celebrations go last night? Or are you all still "recovering"? Any pics for us ?

John & Kathi   

NosFEratu
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 02:22:44 PM »

We had a great night.  The room set up was really good - 4 cars across the front and the slide show above and in between.  We had one car for each of  the body shapes for FE-HR.

They were: Aco's FE (which has a long history with 2 different owners in the club), Scott's FB, GP'S EH (which is the car mentioned above as the only one that has been the full 21 years in the club) and Baydon's HR (the youngest member with a car on the road, and one of the most recent cars to go on the road).

The was a memorabilia display - trophies, banners, awards, magazines, club clothing etc, etc.  Also our missing lucky door prize (yes, its a door) made a surprise reappearance after being found by a former member in a skip and being rescued from the crusher.  Now that's what I call a lucky door.

So where are the pictures you ask?  You will have to be patient.  I wasn't the photographer on the night, but I'll hassle him for you.

Did I mention good food, great company, happy reminiscences, lots of chat and laughter???

And a toast to another fabulous 21 years and more for the club.

Cheers
David

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 04:44:45 PM »

sounds laike a great nite david, well done to the ACT club.
i'll pull my finger out one of these days and re-join. Tongue

cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 05:04:10 PM »

Good to hear the night went off without a hitch and was enjoyable.
Congrats!!
Regards
Alex

ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 12:51:13 PM »

Here are some photos taken on the night.

Cheers
David

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 01:33:13 PM »

Thanks for posting the pics looks like a great night.
Cheers,
Graham
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 02:44:11 PM »

Looks like a great night was had by all. I think that along with Smithy I shall have to join the club. From the photo's I can see that there are a few there that I know. Wink

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: