FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 17, 2024, 02:46:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NosFEratu  (Read 290500 times)
Rabbitoh
vic-club

Model: FE

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 08:22:49 AM »

I think I'm starting to see a recurring theme here Undecided. Your favourite colour isn't black by any chance Kathi? Grin
You gotta love that car.

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 09:53:29 AM »

Rusty
Thanks, I’m glad you enjoyed the photos and the read.  And you can rest assured that its history will continue to a long time in the future!  No intention of letting go of it in a hurry – as they say “first on, last off”  Cheesy

Jamie
Thanks for the compliment.  I’m sure yours will look great – you can’t beat black with red.  May you enjoy many years of being pee’d off with it looking dirty as soon as you have washed it just like I have! Aaaah but on the road after dusk, wet with rain or on an overcast day – absolutely magnificent with all the chrome!   Roll Eyes

Keith
Take a look on PearlCraft's site – some beautiful wheels there.  http://www.pearlcraft.com.au/
NosFEratu’s eternity ring will be plain black through the middle section, pearl red top and bottom and 4 silver spacers between the black and red sections.  They have one on their site in the reverse colours with both the red and black in pearl.  We had planned to visit them when we were in Melb recently but they’d just moved from Warragul to Bega (little too far for a day trip from Melb) so….. guess where we are going in October?  I know it could be done remotely but I want to make sure the red picked is just right!  Yay – pearl steering wheel road trip!  Then I just have to try and be patient!  Undecided

Rabittoh
My favourite colour is Purple !   Grin  Just love my car in it’s original black and red and wouldn't ever consider painting or trimming it any other way!  Cool

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 11:45:25 AM »

Purples nice !!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

sorry kathi i just had to throw that in Cool

dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Rabbitoh
vic-club

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 01:12:44 PM »

Sorry Kathi,
just saw that your wedding dress seemed black, which matched the car.

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 05:40:50 PM »

Yes, Smithy Purple's nice!   Wink

And before we get it from Phantom too - yes Phantom, Purple's nice!  Cheesy

Rabbitoh - Don't worry, you're not colour blind - it's definitely black. I wanted something to match my car - black, "chrome" and classy! So purple got pushed to one side for the day! Cheesy

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2008, 11:54:03 PM »

Hi Kathi,

what an amazing story and an absolutely gorgeous car! Wow - how proud you must be to be able to drive some thing like that around! Great too that it was originally from a family member and you have been able to keep it in the family all these years.

Your right about the black, just stunning. Oh and loved the wedding dress too!  Smiley

cheers
Sandra
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2008, 02:20:53 PM »

Thanks Sandra

I'll admit it - I'm a car nut! Always have been and always will be! And I will be holding onto that little baby for as long as I possibly can!  Cool 

And thanks for the compliment re my wedding dress - I drafted a couple of patterns together to make sure I got the exact look I was after!  No different to building a car really, if you want something a little different it just takes a little bit of time to think through the issues and work out how to get the effect you want - also helped that my mum was a great teacher in the dressmaking stakes!  Grin   

May you thoroughly enjoy your new found independence on the forum!

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Mrs EffCee

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »

Grin . thanks Kathi.
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2008, 12:43:58 PM »

Hi Kathi,

Just a question regarding your tyres.

I remember reading that they are Coker whitewalls?

The reason that I ask is that I may be purchasing a new project car soon (not Holden, but still GM), that needs a set of whitewalls. A mate of mine informed me that the Cokers are prone to get flatspots if they sit for to long on the car without being driven often.

He recommended Firestones, as per his 38 Ford - which are pretty expensive when compared to Cokers.

Have you had any trouble with yours?

Cheers,

Ol_Girl_58
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2008, 05:41:57 PM »

Hi Ol_Girl_58

I bought my 1st set of Coker 195 x 14’s over 7 years ago.  The only reason NosFEratu is onto it’s 2nd set is because I donated my originals to the FE windowless van when we got it in August 07 - I couldn't handle driving around on chromies Tongue

Since we got the 1st set, my car did it’s usual reasonably heavy weekend cruizin’ with a bit of a layoff in the real bad weather (vacuum wipers and the solar heating doesn’t work real well in winter).  Since March 06 I’ve had a very painful left shoulder injury so the layoff increased significantly – sometimes up to 6 months.  But having said that, I have never experienced any flat spots or issues of any other kind with them at all.  Unlike the Sears white lines that I had before the Cokers – they seemed to be a magnet for nails etc. and I was constantly getting flats.  Sad

Coker does recommend a high pressure level (about 35psi) - we’ve kept that and have had no problems at all.  Maybe that’s the problem that some have had, they may not have kept them inflated to the recommended levels and might have suffered the consequences – I don’t know!  Mine have been great! 

I got both sets from Antique Auto Tyres - they were very quick on the delivery and I was super happy with their service and prices.  I think transportation prices to South Australia was only $14 per tyre and they were here within 2 days! 

I would not hesitate, not even for a moment, to highly recommend Cokers to anyone!  Cheesy

And I wish I was on commission!

Kathi    Cool

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2008, 06:06:27 PM »

Kathi Aren't the Coker's a rag tyre?Huh? or am I wrong ........FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2008, 09:22:51 PM »

Hi FC427

Definitely steel belted radials!  Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2008, 10:25:03 AM »

Thanks for the heads-up, Kathi.

If the new project arrives home, it will be getting a set of Cokers.

Cheers,

Josh

(Ol_Girl_58)
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2008, 11:39:59 AM »

Hi Josh

I'll be surprised if you are disappointed - post us some shots when you get it and it gets it's new shoes!

Kathi  Cool

"Coker Tire's - it's all about the tire"   

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2008, 12:10:19 PM »

Hi Kathi,

I have been beating my head against a brick wall trying to work out how you come up with the name for your car, Ultimately after conceding defeat I resorted to Googling it and surprise surpise suprise, Phantom of the Night, or Vampire. Very Good. Took me ages to work on that. Love the name. Wink

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2008, 12:36:29 PM »

Hey Kathi,
                   Your forum name has been bugging me for ages but in my my mind I had been thinking of Nos (new old stock) FE, could not figure out ratu. Tongue

I did not google anything it until this post by Keith. Clever. Smiley

Look here.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6185283610506001721

Cheers  M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2008, 05:48:58 PM »

Hee hee  Cheesy

"NosFEratu - creature of the night"

So named as it usually comes out after dusk, is always lurking in the background and is a beast to drive!    Cheesy

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2008, 05:56:43 PM »

And yes, I forgot to mention, we also have a copy of the 1922 silent movie too!   Cheesy 

Mystery solved now Keith and Mike - a very big smiley face each  Grin  Grin for your research efforts!     

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2008, 08:16:35 PM »

i always knew, just didnt say Wink Wink Wink Wink

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2008, 08:19:31 PM »

Well aren't you smart! Grin Grin Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...