FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:58:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NosFEratu  (Read 290729 times)
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 07:56:43 PM »

Hi Kathi,

What a great story of you and your car. It adds such a personal touch when it has been in the one family for so long and there is heaps of memories that go with such a car. thankyou so much for sharing your memories with us and I look forward to reading more of your special memories.

Keith (aka EffCee)

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 09:32:35 PM »

Hi Keith, 

Thanks so much for your comments - they are most appreciated.

Kathi   Cool

NosFEratu
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 03:34:08 PM »

Hi all

Thought I'd better do some shots of the interior before my radio gets taken out and sent for its conversion to AM/FM/IPOD.  Please appreciate it was trimmed in December 1989 and has done a lot of cruisin' since then.  Cool

My trimmer told me the other day that the vinyl is Jaguar Red - it is a red red - no black or orange tone to it when you actually see it. Thanks to some tips from a few of you I am starting to research "original style" headlining fabric ready for a future rebuild - it's not really, nor will it ever be, a resto but I miss that old headlining!  Cry 

A note of thanks to a few people  Kiss I have been very fortunate to be given a few special (to me anyway) items for my car many years ago.  Wayne Pagel and Craig Adams (Qld) gave me a beautiful white foxtail that flew proudly for many years until it finally fell apart.  Paul Edwards (ex SMASA Treasurer) had an FC before he built his resto 67 Camaro - he gave me the radio and venetians as he wanted them to go to a good home/car.  And last but not least, I am extremely honoured that Victor Pace (of Ford Zephyr fame) found a NOS horn button at a swap meet and bought it for me as a present - those of you that know Victor can get back up off floor now. Shocked  Not only did he openly look for and then actually buy a Holden part, when Joe was working at Rare Spares, Victor rummaged through the rubbish bin and rescued a whole heap of NOS FE grille surrounds and uprights, bumper sections and a few other bits and pieces. So many memories ......

And I can't leave you without a little story - I was honoured (actually quite shocked) even more by Victor when he at the last ACES/USM Two State Run (1989) threw me the keys to his "Zodiac" ute and told me to take him cruisin' - how could I resist that offer! Driving with layers of newspaper underfoot to protect the car mats that were there to protect the carpet was quite amusing.  What was even more amusing though was the look on all the USM guy's faces when they realised Victor wasn't driving!  Shocked

Keep on Cruisin'
Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 04:41:00 PM »

that is quite a stunning interior Kathi, even considering it is nearly 20 years on.
and an equally impresive car Cheesy Cheesy

nicely done
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2008, 04:45:49 PM »

Thanks Dean

Your compliments are appreciated! 

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2008, 05:40:54 PM »

Kathi, I'm floored.  Shocked

What a stunning car. And it still looks good after so many years!

Kind regards,

Josh
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2008, 06:10:01 PM »

Thanks Josh

I'm the first to admit that it's taken some effort to keep it looking respectable.

Aaah .... It would be nice to look almost the same as I did some 20 years ago!   Wink

Kathi

NosFEratu
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2008, 06:36:03 PM »

Hi Kathi,
That is one very impressive interior. Thanks again for posting the shots. You obviously look after the old girl very well she is a credit to you.
Cheers,
Graham
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2008, 06:49:48 PM »

Hi Graham

Thanks - hope the shots help you out.

And by the way.... about "her" being a credit to me ... um ... that would be "he" - didn't you see the phallic symbol on the bonnet ?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2008, 08:55:21 PM »

Hi Kathi,

What a car...the interior just blows me away especially when you consider it was done nearly 20 years ago. The rest of the car just looks so magnificent. I look forward to one day meeting you and seeing the car in person.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 09:30:09 PM »

Thanks Keith

Wayne & Jeff's Trim Shop did a fantastic job on it.  I'm really happy with it - the Jaguar Red really "pops" against the black & chrome.  Shocked

You might not see NosFEratu unless you come to South Oz, but John and I plan on being in a number of interstate car show car parks when the 58 is done.  It's also having a "Wayne and Jeff" interior - the boys already rebuilt a trial seat 2 times before I was happy with how it looked and felt. (yep I can be a little bit fussy!)

Thanks again - and I'm glad you think NosFEratu has aged well.

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »

Kathie is the two tone Blue FC with the V6 still around? I remember seeing it at the 1989 90 or 91 Wagga street machine Nationals and it was when I had started building GOA350. A mate of mine Steve Mason built his FC similar to that FC. I think the guys name was Steve Dobson. Could you confirm any of this.
Cheers Scott
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 06:02:07 PM »

Hi Scott

I was once known, in a former show car life, as Kathi Dobson. 

The V6FC was sold about 6 months after I left Steve - last time I saw it was mid 1990 and that was after it was sold.  Since then it has pretty well fallen off the face of the earth.

If you or Steve (as in Mason) has a photo with its rego number in it I might be able to track down where it is.  I didn't take too many photos with me when I left and my "memory for detail powers" that are usually used for evil purposes is a little fuzzy from around that time in my life for obvious reasons. 

John and I were chatting with Steve Mason at the Mt Gambier FE FC Nats - I was immediately drawn to his car cos I thought it might have been the old one!

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2008, 10:28:11 AM »

G'day Kathi, what a pitty i didn't get to catch up with you and compare notes about the old times. I reckon we met at some stage along the way. Anyway maybe some other day. If you don't know my car its the Vanilla Peach Chev powered FE, number plates GOA350.
                Cheers Scott Mckenzie
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2008, 04:34:25 PM »

Hi Scott

Sorry I didn't "reply" sooner - we only just got back from a trip to Melbourne. We saw your post when we very quickly popped into an Internet Cafe.

Yes, we have noticed your car on this forum and also at Mt Gambier, it stands out because of its subtle colour.   Wink

It is possible we have met, especially if you had anything to do with USM, ASMF and a huge range of car shows in the early to late 80's. I haven't kept up with too many people since I dropped off the scene in early 1990 but John and I are always in the background somewhere.

I must admit it was fun having a good chin-wag with Steve Mason at Mt Gambier about the "old days".  Yes, pity we didn't meet there too I'm sure there would have been a lot more memories being re-lived. Who knows, maybe John and I might become a little more in the foreground at some stage - may be not though!  Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
GMH-O57(FLASH BACK 57)
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 01:29:32 PM »

this looks really nice i like the black paint with the red rims an white walls and the venetions loook sweet

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 01:45:17 PM »

Thanks GMH-057!  Grin 

As you could probably tell I'm a little attached to it. It's our 25th anniversary in October and I'm giong to buy it an eternity ring - a red and black pearl steering wheel!   Cheesy

I'll post some updated interior pics later.   

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 10:05:13 PM »

Great pics and story of a stunning car Kathi!I can only hope my black FC comes up half as good as your FE... Shocked

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 10:12:16 PM »

Hi Kathi,

I absolutely love pearl steering wheels. I have never seen one in red and black and am looking forward to seeing it. Please make sure you post a picture when you get it done. I intend to get a light blue/dark blue one done for mine, but just want to get it on the road first.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 01:51:18 AM »

Grin
Hi Kathi,

That is one flash looking car. That's one flash looking wedding photo. As a matter it's a flash story / history. Not many have such a detailed history of a car. Congratulations it's a good read and thanks.

Cheers Rusty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: