FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:04:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: petrol additive  (Read 3181 times)
sjh291256

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2008, 05:49:40 PM »

I'm in the process of buying an FC (original) grey motor.  Could you please advise me of the additive that you use with unleaded petrol.  How much do you use?  And where do you purchase the additive from?

Regards,
Steve

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 06:16:51 PM »

Hi Steve there is a formula on the bottle mls of additive to litres of fuel . Are you buying a sedan Green and white Huh? ......FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
fastjbav6
wa-club

OK start her up !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 08:13:41 PM »

I use FlashLube, 10 ml for every 10 litres of petrol. A little more for constant highway,performance, (make that spirited driving) or towing.

Seb

Yellow Knight

Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »

Smiley

Steve,

I use an additive called Valve Master and it can be bought from any Shell Garage. It has a scale on the bottle(which is a squeeze bottle) that tells you how much to add per litre of fuel.

Cheers Rusty
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:23:04 AM »

Just wanted to add that the little bottles available at the service stations are perfect for measuring how much additive to put in the tank, but you don't want to keep buying the stuff in those.

Head down to Repco / Auto One / Supercheap etc, where you can get a litre of the stuff for under $20. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than $4 per 50ml bottle.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 12:53:38 PM »

Hi Steve

I certainly don't want to say that any of the advice given so far is not good but my grey has now done around 25,000 miles using straight unleaded fuel and I haven't had any problems at all. 

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: