FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 11:16:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Tech Info Feature  (Read 2561 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2002, 04:21:20 AM »

Guys,

Check out the new feature in our Tech Info Section.

Basically, it's a web-page where you can type in all the information from your ID plate, chassis no and engine no, and it will decode it and explain all the details, such as:
- What model
- Where it was built
- Where it was assembled
- What the original exterior colours were (including colour swatches of nearly all original colours)
- What the original interior colours were
- When it was built (based on engine number)
- What type of paint was used
 ...and if your car is an FC Special Sedan, which paint scheme it had

I've been working on this for a while now, and it's more or less ready to for prime time I reckon.  So I'd appreciate it if you could try it out and let me know any problems, bugs, suggestions, enhancements etc.

The address is http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/idinfo.html

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 01:39:45 AM »

I hope people have been finding the ID Info page useful.  I have also now updated the GMH Paint Numbers page to include swatches of all colours I have copies from.  Thanks to CraigA who did the hard work with this (getting a copy of the book loaned in the first place, and doing all the scanning of it).

I've also added the variations of colours (like Royal Marine and Corsair Tan aka "Poo") that changed during their lifetime.  The slight variations in tint might be a little hard to see, depending on how old and crusty your computer's monitor is Embarrassed

Check it out.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: