FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 03:16:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HARD LUCK AWARD?  (Read 2518 times)
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2008, 01:40:19 PM »

Cry Cry Cry

Good morning every body.

It is with regret that I announce that I failed my RWC this morning and there will be no time to get it right before I leave for Mt.Gambier tonight.

Maybe I left my run a bit late you might say but the last week has been one of just one breakage and or setback after another.

I have been working on this car every single day since January [I took LSL] replacing everything ie:HR running gear, lwr suspension, 186 red motor,HT disc brakes etc. and no problems until last week when brakes started to leak. This neccessetated re flaring all lines. Then the clutch slave popped out and needed re kitting. Then it took me ages to work out the reason I had no ignition lights was because when I wired the alternator set up I hadn't attached power wire to starter[in stead i inadvertantly taped it up out of the way] Embarrassed.Then it took me another few hours to realise that the motor wouldn't start because there was a solonoid switch in the fuel line [the motor was previously on gas] which wasn't opening up hence no fuel Embarrassed. Finally ready to go just checking windows operating when one breaks the mechanism in the door. All fixed now just a Quick run around the block to see everything is working before going to mechanics [a week late] when engine mount comes loose and puts motor into radiator just enough to put a lovely hole in it Angry Cry. Turns out mounting lugs on radiator were attached too far back which meant it was sittiing too close to the motor Cry $220 for a recore and relocate lugs. Put it all back together last night, off to mechanics this morning, front gearbox seal is now leaking,it wasn't before [grey box] and the exhaust has developed a crack also earth to indicators has gone on holidays now as well. Just little things but all together too much to do today Cry

So I have cancelled the engineer, cancelled Vicroads and cancelled the insurance and will be forced to drive to Mt. Gambier in an XE F"£%mont [which is the real hard luck part of the story Grin]

I feel better now having written all this down and I will see you all at the nats. Cool

Denis

PS:I suppose its too much to ask if i can put the fairmont in the show and shine? Grin Grin
cruiser056
qld-club

cruisin to the rock and roll

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 08:38:34 PM »

Don't feel too bad, at least you are still going to be there.  We went to the Sydney nationals in a Hyundai after work commitments changed our plans.  We had everything booked and had decided to cancell, but at the last minute, decided to jump in the Hyundai and catch up with the rest of the convoy.  We had a great time, even without the FE.

Just try to enjoy the weekend, there is always next time

Michael
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 08:30:32 PM »

Thanks for the input Michael

I just got back about an hour ago. Had an absolutely great time. Met a lot of people I had previously only spoken to on here, performed "gender reassignment" on the f"£$%ont by sticking front, rear and side photos of my FE to it[caused a few wry smiles Cheesy]. Took lots of photos and absorbed lots of ideas for ongoing mods to my car. Glad I went. Also sorry I wasn't the only one whose car didn't make it but in the end it didn't really matter.

Looking foreward to driving the FE to Orange in 2010 Grin Grin

See you all there

Denis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: