FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 01:30:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: SHINNEY BITS  (Read 9196 times)
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2008, 02:04:16 PM »

IS Electroplating Technologies in Queanbeyan still the place to use for chrome Huh? I have tried all the Sydney Chrome Platers over the last few years and have never been 100 % happy with the job ......FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 02:10:05 PM »

I had some diecasting done for Nev, the job was superb, the cost was too, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
greyone

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 03:11:30 PM »

picked up some shiny bits from braybrook not happy with the job was told if I wanted show quality i,ll pay more everythings going to vinnies from now on

dent on top of overider surely these people realise most car enthusiasts are in clubs and on forums  shody work is going to cost them
regards mal
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 04:28:13 PM by RET » Logged
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 04:42:53 PM »

FC427, yep electroplating technologies in Qbn are fantastic, highly rated did a great job with all my stuff, cast esp, although there may be some delay as when i heard last they were quite busy, but that was before summernats.
cant hurt to give them a call- 02 6297 0535 or email-chrome2@bigpond.net.au

dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 07:35:40 PM »

Better learn to look what your writting FC427 Should read  Shiny Bits..........FC427.........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 07:59:49 PM »

Better learn to look what your writting FC427 Should read  Shiny Bits..........FC427.........

Tongue Grin

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 08:01:07 PM »

Oops  Cheesy Smiley Tongue

smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 10:43:27 PM »

eeegads, he has the shinning  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Tongue

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 10:51:05 PM »

I see all Smithy  ''THE SHINNING'' is all around on the front on the back ........FC427........

FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 10:16:14 AM »

Hey Mikey

If you're going to bag a bloke you need to make sure no one can have a go back at you.

It should read "better learn to look at what YOU'RE WRITING..."  Wink Grin

No offence it's just being pedantic is what I do. Smiley

Denis
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 04:04:14 PM »

Oh Dear, Denis...

Go back and carefully re-read the thread. You've made a real meal of your pedantry Shocked

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FEHOLDEN

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »

Isn't it funny how things can look entirely different when you read them in a different light. Embarrassed

Even we pedants know when we have been out done. Cry

Apologies to Mikey and to RET.

I'll climb back into my box now. Lips sealed  Grin

Denis
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 04:38:19 PM »

Ok Denis  I was typing this out while you were typing your last post FC427 did some spelling errors and as I did him a tiny favour once I thought I could get away with being a bit of a good natured smarty pants.

I picked on "writting" as soon as I posted it I saw "your" I said some naughty words to myself and had to get a tissue to wipe the egg off my face.

I corrected my self and posted again "your writting" .Now who is the idiot. (me) Embarrassed Embarrassed

If you're going to be a smart arse I agree you have to right first time. Tongue

Sorry FC427 all in good nature and Denis make room in that box for me.

PS I had to read my post a few times to make sure I had no speling errers. Wink

FEHOLDEN

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 05:00:57 PM »

Gidday Mikey

Plenty of room in here.  Grin  I'm thinking of employing a teacher to teach me how to practice what I preach. Grin Grin Grin

Denis
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 08:56:25 PM »

Now we have finished pulling my tail . I thought because I had corrected my own mistake I had closed the door, How wrong was I ...... The chromers in Queanbeyan only has a small tank and can't get the bars in of the GT I am restoring for a mate , I need the contact details of the plater in Hamilton Newcastle Please .........FC427.......

nige and Jody

Where do I start?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 06:04:28 PM »

Hey all,

Whilst we're talking about chrome, I went in the local electroplaters in Albury NSW just trying to get some rough prices on redoing my bits and pieces.  Ends up it will cost me $140.00 per bumper section, $40 per overrider and $50 bucks for the number plate surround.  All up $550.00 for a bumper.  My question to you seekers of bargains is, is this a reasonable price?

Nige

BTW I have read this post and checked my spelling and grammar a dozen times  Grin  You all have us newbies nervous.............

FC225 (in progress), FB215 (waiting), EJ229A (go'er)
greyone

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 07:24:51 PM »

see if you can get him down to 120 a section other prices seem very good
Albury platers do a job the rims on my truck came from them can,t fault them bit to far to send my car stuff. mal
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 08:33:04 PM »

All my show cars had the chrome done at Albury platers, In my opinion they are the best in the country. If you specify concourse condition chrome - that's what you will get. As far as I am concerned price is irrelevant if you are after quality.

Ken
nige and Jody

Where do I start?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 09:13:13 PM »

Thanks Fellas,

I was just making sure that these were roughly what I should be paying.  Not really after concourse but nice original looking chrome would be good.  BTW, thanks to whoever gave me the advice on blasting the old chrome off, the bloke at the electroplater said I would have wrecked all my bits and they wouldn't have touched them.  Thank god for this forum as what often seems like a good idea at the time can sometimes bite one's a$$. 

As Homer Simpson would say "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Nige

FC225 (in progress), FB215 (waiting), EJ229A (go'er)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 10:43:54 PM »

hey nige & jodie
just for a price comparison. electroplating technologies did both front and rear bumpers for me $110 per section and if i included them $40 per overrider so apart from the extra per section that sounds pretty fair, of course depends on the finnish you will get as to whether it is a fair price. i should mention that the bumpers were pretty dented ( not too bad though) when i gave them over to be chromed, and they dissasembled them including the brackets wich i am pretty sure they just flat zinc coated.
BTW i think it was around $ 60 per headlight rim and 20-30 per door handle.
evry one of these items came back looking better and straighter than new, well sort of embelishing it a bit but they are perfect as far as i am concerned, i cant fault them.

dean

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: