FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 02:23:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Convoys to Mt Gambier  (Read 5790 times)
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:46:12 AM »

Hi All,
Below is the planned itinerary for the trip from ACT to Mt Gambier. At this point in time we have 5 cars & 12 people in the convoy.

Cheers,

Graham

TRAVEL ITINERARY
CANBERRA TO MOUNT GAMBIER
FE-FC NATIONALS

WEDNESDAY 19 MARCH

7.45am   Meet at ACT/NSW Border, Barton Highway, rest area on the left near Hall
8.00am      Depart
10.40am   Morning Tea/Fuel/Toilet Stop – Holbrook (Mobil service station) Meet up with Peter Longhurst (Cooma member)
11.00am   Depart Holbrook
1.00pm   Lunch/Fuel/Toilet Stop – Benalla
1.45pm   Depart Benalla
      Exit Hume Highway at Violet Town, travel via Murchison to Bendigo
3.45pm   Bendigo overnight
      Bendigo gateway Motel
      401 Eaglehawk Road
      BENDIGO VIC 3556
      (03)54469688

THURSDAY 20 MARCH

8.30am      Depart Bendigo
      Bendigo to Rupanyup via Newbridge, Logan, St Arnaud (Wimmera Hwy)
10.40am   Morning Tea/Fuel/Toilet Stop – Rupanyup
11.00am   Depart Rupanyup
      To Edenhope via Murtoa & Horsham
1.00pm   Lunch/Fuel/Toilet Stop – Edenhope
2.00pm   Depart Edenhope
      To Mt Gambier via Langkoop & Penola
3.30pm   Arrive Mount Gambier

Some part of this message have been locked
You have to Log-In to unlock it

[ Edit by RET: make this one thread for all southern convoys ]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 07:32:15 AM by RET » Logged
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 12:56:27 PM »

NSW has a couple of convoys going to Mt. Gambier. It doesn't look like these intersect with the ACT plans, since both entail driving the Great Ocean Road.

1. Departing MONDAY.
MONDAY: Sydney -> Wangaratta via Hume
TUESDAY: Wangaratta -> Apollo Bay via Hume etc
WEDNESDAY: Apollo Bay -> Warrnambool via Great Ocean Rd
THURSDAY: Warrnambool -> Mt Gambier via G.O.R.

Contact Graham Fuller for times and other specifics.

2. Departing TUESDAY.
TUESDAY: Sydney -> Wangaratta via Hume
WEDNESDAY: Wangaratta -> Apollo Bay via Hume etc
THURSDAY: Apollo Bay -> Mt Gambier via G.O.R.

Contact me for further details if required.

3. Departing WEDNESDAY.
TBC

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 03:43:32 PM »

Wink  Hi,  Here are mine and Greg's mobile just in case you need to ring us if there is a delay on the day you are coming to the Nats.    Hotlips 0411 892256 and Greg 0414 839071 (SA delegates).

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 12:24:21 AM »

Hey Ret

If any of you see a 58 wagon with a longboard on the roof racks as you cruise the GOR
Give us a wave  Grin Grin Grin

Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
Sideplate
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 03:29:47 AM »

Have fun steering the FE/C's around the great ocean road.  I suggest a good weight program to pump those arms up before easter!!!!! Cool
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 10:41:40 AM »

All part of the fun, Paul.

We took the Putty Rd on the way up to the Gold Coast Nats, and the Oxley Highway on the way back. Both very twisty, 2nd gear only roads, on cross-plies as well.

But I'd much rather that than the Melbourne freeways in peak hour that we had on the way to Phillip Island. Shocked I was never so glad to get off the main road as I was when we got to the Gippsland Hwy...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Sideplate
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »

I love the GOR, always cruised along it in a few different SS Commodores.  Would be great to see a convoy of FE/C's going along for sure, hope its a great day when you cruise so you can have the window down!!
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 01:17:07 PM »

We have a huge, two car convoy coming from Tassie departing Monday 17th

Depart Hobart Monday with a leisurly drive to Devonport for an overnight luxury boat cruise to Melbourne. Smiley
Stop over in Melbourne Tuesday to play with our grand kids Grin
Depart Melbourne Wednesday and travel the GOS to Lochard
Depart Lochard Thursday morning for Mount Gambier
Then after the Nat's a leasurly drive via Adelaide to Melbourne and back to good old Tassie in about 10 days.
If you see us on the road, give us a hoy!!

And are we looking forward to it ............. you betcha Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

regards
Weddo
Trevor_B
vic-club

Melbourne VIC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 04:10:51 PM »

Hi,
The Victorian FE & FC Holden Car Club is arranging for 2 Convoys to the Nationals for those who wish to travel together.

The first departs from the Ballan BP Service Centre on the M8 Western Highway near Ballan at 10.30am on Thurdsday 20th March.
To locate the BP Service centre click here: http://www.bp.com/iframe.do?categoryId=9012436&contentId=7017653 and enter Ballan in the location search - it is the number 1 location called the BP Ballan Travel Stop. It is approx 75km from the centre of Melbourne (travel time is quoted as 1 Hr)

From there we will travel via Ballarat to Hamilton for lunch - 215km ~3 Hr drive then on to Mt Gambier via Casterton - 132Km ~ 1 Hr 45 min.

Total travel distance from centre of Melbourne is 425km with a travel time of 5 3/4 hrs - taken from http://www.whereis.com/whereis/home.do if you want to check details from your location.

Leads for this Convoy will be Tony Galea - Mob 0412 360 992 and Cat Wright Mob 0417 366 639, please give them a call if running late.

The second Convoy will departs from the Ballan BP Service Centre on the M8 Western Highway near Ballan at 8.00am on Friday 21th March .
Location of BP Service centre is given above. Route will be as per the 1st convoy with Lunch stop to be agreed on the day.

Lead for this Convoy will be Derrick Roberts - Mob 0416 200 978, please give him a call if running late.

For more information please contact Trevor Black on Mob 0401 149 656 or email: blackct@optusnet.com.au

FC Sedan, Ute & Wagon .... only a Panel Van required to make the set
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 01:32:01 PM »

Hi All
Some WA Club members have already begun the journey across and the rest of us will follow in some shape or form.
Both Surferboy and FCFromScratch are driving across and have already departed late last week.

*As you all know Graham and Cathy (Surferboy) are taking the opportunity to take the "long way around".

*Brad and Gemma (FCFromScratch) are attending the Caravan Nationals also held in the Mount and there for are towing the van across.

*Gary and Lorene (FE-Ute) dropped their car off at the transporters last week and fly to Adelaide later this week.

*Jim and Sonja (FC0058) dropped their car off at the transport yard this morning and will be flying in to Adelaide on the 15th.

*Bevan, Deb and Damien dropped their cars off tomorrow and fly into Adelaide early next week.

*Les and his wife along along with their car will be arriving in Adelaide by train early next week.

*Mick and Lou are driving across departing on the 15th.

I have a detailed plan covering every ones travel plans and contact details.

At this stage Four WA cars will be departing Adelaide on Thursday the 20th we are going to meet up at Tailem Bend at approx 10am and travel to the Mount in convoy, if any one else would like to join us for the cruise to the mount you are more than welcome.

Cheers Jim

0409 989 161

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: