FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:40:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: chassis number  (Read 2903 times)
dwortho

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2008, 07:07:42 PM »

Hi all
I know this is a daft question, but i have looked all over the engine bay , but cannot find the chassis number anywhere?
so where is it
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 08:25:34 PM »

If it is a FE take a look for a small number above the battery ......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
sexyfc

John greco
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »

if its an FC its on the drivers side in engine bay on the first shelf. In between the 3rd and 4th vertical crease.  Sounds like they have caked the paint on the number.

Project started 16/01/08.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 09:12:48 PM »

If you can't find one check to see if the skirt has been replaced due to accident damage .......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
dwortho

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 09:42:47 PM »

Thanks chaps
Had a look but cannot see anything,looks like panels have been replaced.car has been registered before so hopefully vic roads can help me.
again many thanks

DAVE W
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:08:48 PM »

If it's an FE the stamped numbers are really small, like a quarter-inch high. They'll be between the regulator and the battery, probably along the upper fold in the metal of the inner skirt. They can really take some finding.

FC ones on the other hand are about 3/4" tall, on the flat (horizontal) area of the driver's side skirt, directly opposite the regulator.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: