FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:46:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC odd parts wanted  (Read 2359 times)
59fcholden
qld-club

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:11:20 AM »

Hi everyone, first post here.
Im in need of a few odds and ends for my FC
Drivers wing mirror
The nut that holds the wiper pivot on to the body,under the screen
The adapter for the electric wiper motor to the original linkages
The chrome piece with the holden emblem the sits under the middle dash speaker grill

Im in Brisbane but will consider any items from any location,
Thanks ken
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 10:55:41 AM »

G'day Ken, when you say "wing" do you mean "guard" - there was a genuine mirror which was attached to the guard with a short curved stalk which comes up occasionally. Otherwise there is a genuine mirror which attaches to the door frame which is a little harder to find - especially in good condition. Also available is an aftermarket peep mirror which can be attached to the door frame and will do the job nicely. They are about $30 on ebay. Are you building an original car or will an aftermarket mirror be OK?

I can supply the nut for the wiper pivot for you.

Now the electric wiper motors - I assume you have either the Delco or Preslite EK motor and it is missing one or both of the short arms that go on the back - these are very popular and hard to find the arms by themselves, more likely you will have to buy another complete motor with the arms attached, but you may be lucky - you never know.

I have a chrome radio blank for under the speaker grille but the 2 little pins at the top are broken off. The bracket and screw for the bottom are attached though. Chrome is in very good condition but you will need a couple of dabs of silastic to hold it in place correctly.

Ken
59fcholden
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 12:58:05 PM »

Hey Ken,(great name)

The car is original, The mirror is bolted to the the top of the door frame,
Could you provide pictures of the electric wiper motor with the linkages needed, I do have some, but am unsure if i have all the bits.
thanks for the help
ken
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »

Check out the pics in "Modification Help" these linkages are for a Preslite motor but are similar to Delco with the exception that the primary arm is threaded and screws down on to the motor drive shaft rather than with a spline and a nut as shown.
Identifying the motors is pretty easy - The Delco one has a sheet metal case and has Delco written on the case. The Preslite motor has a turned steel case and has Preslite cast into the mounting plate.

Ken
59fcholden
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 07:31:31 PM »

Also need interior light assembly, mainly the base and bulb holder, have the lens.
Pls pm
thanks ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: