FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:48:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: what booster and master cyl works best with 4 wheel disc brake??  (Read 3089 times)
sexyfc

Model: FC

John greco
View Profile
« on: January 23, 2008, 12:06:20 AM »

Hi, Just bought a nine inch out of an HJ with disc brake, i'll be running a small block in my FC. With the existing hr front end what caliper and rotors should i run on the front, and what booster and master cyl??
Thanks

Project started 16/01/08.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 06:01:47 PM »

I also run 4 wheel disc brakes on my Ute and use a VH v8 Commodore booster and a 1'' master cylinder 4 piston callipers all round and 295mm Commodore front rotors on HZ stubs and all works great .........FC427.........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 11:22:06 PM »

For simplicity sake run HZ front brakes with any booster from a medium to large car, and a 1 inch diameter master cylinder.
You can get much flasher than this and the possibilities are almost endless depending on how much cash you want to spend and what size tyres you will be running.

Ken
sexyfc

John greco
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 08:52:11 PM »

For simplicity sake run HZ front brakes with any booster from a medium to large car, and a 1 inch diameter master cylinder.
You can get much flasher than this and the possibilities are almost endless depending on how much cash you want to spend and what size tyres you will be running.

Ken

So the HZ Stub axles will fit straight on to the hr front end? And if so will that also lower the front like HQ stub axles.

Project started 16/01/08.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 07:04:39 PM »

Stub axles from HK right through to WB are identical. Make sure you use HKTG steering arms though.

Regards  Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: