FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:18:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My new project  (Read 165856 times)
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2008, 07:38:35 PM »

Hi all, here are some photos of my new project I've just aquired. It's in reasonably good condition but has a bit of rust in the subframe and lower doors. The interior is very good with original rubber floor mats and an excellent headlining. It has been sitting in a shed for the last 17 years but with a bit of petrol down the carby throat it started and ran no problems. Can't keep a good grey down!.This will be a total rebuild project and I will keep you all posted on it's progress. The other FC in the last photo is my current runabout. Smiley Smiley
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:08:56 PM »

Great score and with a rare NASCO heater as well. Can you take some detail photos of the heater and controls for us? I'm sure Alex can use the pics in the AOTW column.

Regards   Ken
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 08:39:08 PM »

Real nice has the seller got any more ?? That is one clean FC to begin a project with. .......FC427.........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 08:43:55 PM »

Thanks Ken, didn't realise the heater was an FC one, I thought it may have been out of a later model.Here are some photo's. It is complete with demister hoses and has an opening above the controls for the radio which I found in the boot. The controls are missing one knob but should be easy enough to make one up. Cheers, Dave.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 10:29:32 PM »

Car looks like a very nice score....congrats.
The runabout looks sweet too.
Thanks for the pics of the heater. I have added them to the relevant accessory thread.
Here is some more details about this accessory.

Regards
Alex

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 09:20:19 AM »

Thanks for the photos, and the vehicle ID Dave, I have a photo album full of accessories and have none of this particular one. Sorry to be a pain, but can you take a photo of the facia panel from a bit further back including the speaker grille and one of the fitting where the hose goes through near the radiator.

If your feeling really generous, would you be able to get a helper to hold the radio in in place and take a photo as well - I know the last one is asking a lot, but you can only ask can't you. Smiley Smiley

Thanks Ken
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 11:43:38 AM »

Nice project, looks good.

Nice heater pics, it's got me thinking of making a fresh air intake using an EFI throttle body and cold air induction piping!

Would that be considered “retrotech”? lol

Does the other control operate a heater tap?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 12:33:56 PM »

Ed, that's correct. The original heater tap for this unit was not a really good design and extremely hard to get in working condition. Interested to see if Dave is lucky enough to have the tap as well.

Ken
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 07:07:31 PM »

I had a look but there is no heater tap. I have taken some more photos. The radio that was in the boot was too big to fit in the opening ,must have come out of another model. I fitted a radio I had sitting on a shelf for the photo. Hope this all helps, DaveKen, I assume this the hole you were talking about, no fittings unfortunately. When I first saw it I thought what idiot cut a hole there for what reason?. Now I know!
klippo_fc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 09:48:27 PM »

hi that a nice old girl you pay much for her
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 11:27:06 PM »

Great pickup Dave...

Looks like you've almost got a matching set!!

Love the heater..... that'll come in handy down South Tongue

Cheers
Les...

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 02:40:15 PM »

Nice pickup, Love your daily driver. Have you made much of a start yet on your new project?

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »

Just aquick update on the                                     3+

FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 06:18:14 PM »

Oopps a couple of keys stuck on the keyboard, I'll try again. I have stripped most of the body and found rust as per photos. The motor and gearbox is now out and the next step is to get the front and rear ends off and make up a rotisserie. will post more photos as the project progresses. Have a deadline of April 2010 - The Nats! Orange here I come!. Cheers for now Dave aka Jack
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 06:41:10 PM »

Nice project car, rust in all the usual places i see, are you keeping the original colour scheme,

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 07:23:30 PM »

The rust will keep you out of mischief between now and the Nats in Orange.  Wink

I look forward to seeing the finished project in 2010. In the meantime you keep posting pictures and keeping us updated and we will give all the encouragement we can Cheesy Cheesy

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 08:11:45 PM »

Jack n Chris
hope to see your project soon... In the mean time, watching here closely!
all the best
jack n rita

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 05:52:17 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement guys, Pedro I am looking at a 2 tone metallic paint job as it will be a modified project ( Ecotec V6, auto disc brakes etc ) I am keeping my other FC as my stockie. Will keep you all updated. Cheers, Jack. ps, Hi Jack n Rita look forward to catching up soon.
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 03:55:22 PM »

Nice car Jack. Its a shame you're going to change the colours. IMHO Teal over Cambridge Blue is one of the smartest combos available on an FC and I wouldn't change it for a boring me too metallic combo, but then I wouldn't modify a car as original as that, with those great accessories either, but hey, its your car.

Cheers
John Wink

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 06:53:14 PM »

John, I agonised long and hard over whether to keep it stock or modify. In the end I decided that as it wasn,t strictly original I decided to go modified. It had been repainted at one stage and been fitted with seat belts and also had an EK motor in it. It will still be original on the ouside and I am looking at retaining the original heater, dash and radio. I wanted to have an original looking car with the comfort and power of a modern car. Hope this explains everything, Cheers for now, Jack
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: